Wheelie Madness!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Send a message via Yahoo to R6_Tweekin
Wheelie Madness!!!

Ok... how the hell do you wheelie. I've seen other people do it on other bikes but how well does the R6 do it. I know the concept of popping the clutch and ripping on the throttle is not rocket science, but after seeing a couple people eat it on the web, I kinda wanna know the safe way.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 01:44 PM
I eat my R6

Send a message via MSN to penfold
Some good advice in here.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 08:11 PM
sierrafox.us

Bike: '04 Red R6
I don't wheelie because I don't think there is a "safe way" to do it. If I didn't mind crashing my bike and I had a safe place to do it, I'd love to learn to wheelie. But if you try to do any type of stunt, there's more of a chance you'll crash than if you keep both wheels on the pavement.

Not saying you shouldn't wheelie. Just saying "safe" and "wheelie" are kind of a contradiction in terms. Kind of like "What's a safe way for me to light my hamster on fire." ... er, or something like that.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Supermod old school style

Bike: 04 R6 White
Send a message via AIM to TexasR6 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasR6
Well, Code makes a good point. There really isn't a safe way to learn other than wearing all your safety gear, and starting off slow and easy.

If you're REALLY wanting to learn to wheelie, you might consider taking all your plastic off, and investing in some frame sliders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Keith Hamm. 1/26/2006

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I eat my R6

Send a message via MSN to loki1313 Send a message via Yahoo to loki1313
hell if you really want to learn forget the sliders and get a cage for your bike.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 04:37 AM
Supermod old school style

Bike: 04 R6 White
Send a message via AIM to TexasR6 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasR6
LOL, Yea I guess that would be the safest bet. Make a roll bar for your bike, and install some airbags.

RIP Keith Hamm. 1/26/2006

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 05:20 AM
I eat my R6

Send a message via AIM to RSixxr
or just get yourself an old R1 or some piece of shit for cheap that you won't care about beatin the shit out of.

And YES the R6 can stunt like a mutha****a...I was with a guy yesterday who rode stand ups, sitdowns, highchairs, you name it this cat was riddin em yesterday for 220 miles....it was nutz....the guys who were stuntin on their gixxer1000's and R1's were even amazed at how easily the 6 was bringing it up....even the guy who was riding the 6 said it was an awesome bike...but we already knew that...

whats really good?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 08:58 AM
JL
I eat my R6

Watch your ass cause the balance point on our bikes is really high. and it is easy to give it a lil too much and it's loop city. 900rr and 929rr are the stunt bikes of choice if see a crunchy one cheap pick it up.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Before trying anything get a cage were gear and go to area were no one is but with people incase wheelie goes bad.

Here is your answer

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Send a message via Yahoo to R6_Tweekin
Thanks for the links!!! I'll definitely look into those dvd's. By the way, apparantly there's a new ride out that helps you do controlled wheelies. It supposed to be as real as doing the wheelie yourself with the exception of getting hurt.... Maybe we should start a petition to bring it to Great America or 6 flags.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in