Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/)
-   Garage / Mechanical Help (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/57-garage-mechanical-help/)
-   -   What is this part called? (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/57-garage-mechanical-help/386201-what-part-called.html)

Ianwadsworth 02-28-2016 09:44 AM

What is this part called?

1 Attachment(s)
So I just picked an 05 with 3000 miles I figured with such low miles it would be probably free. No such luck haha. Well it is leaking gas from a straight nipple in the fuel pump comp. the nipple has play in it like it is removable and has an o-ring to seat it. Well just wondering what the part was called and if anyone has ever had this Problem. Thanks Ian

doidera00 02-28-2016 10:16 AM

Re: What is this part called?

Thats the fuel pump

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ianwadsworth 02-28-2016 10:21 AM

Yeah but it isn't the pump itself right. Does that nipple come out? The pump is working just fine just leaking where that nipple meats that housing. Thanks for the quick reply. 60 in New York today and I'm not riding :(

Rockweld 02-28-2016 10:26 AM

Im an auto mechanic. if its the same design as car pumps everything that you see in the picture that is plastic and white is the top of the fuel pump, and its all one piece.

doidera00 02-28-2016 04:38 PM

But a used pump on ebay.

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dpham1 03-04-2016 07:08 AM

Dude I got the same exact problem on my 05!!!! Must be a common problem with that year..I was trying to look up that part too but no such thing. It only sells as one component: the pump and the assembly together. There's pumps on eBay as well but u never know the life span of the pump. Was wondering if maybe I can put some JB weld of something around the outer perimeter so it'll stop leaking but I don't know how effective that will be..?

yamahacrazy 03-05-2016 06:06 PM

23 Attachment(s)
first how sure are you it's not the hose leaking? that is the return line so it doesn't have a super amount of psi going to it. that's why it's just on there with a hose clamp. if the hose is hard it will leak.

Ianwadsworth 03-05-2016 07:08 PM

I was able to fix the problem with seal all. No more gas leak. Much cheaper than buying the whole pump comp. thanks for the info. It wasn't the hose just poor design in my opinion.

Dpham1 03-07-2016 08:33 PM

I originally had a leak in the hose that went onto that nozzle in the picture above (don't know if that's the return line) but I went ahead and just replaced it with a (hard) fuel line I got at advance auto parts. Seemed like everything was ok for a couple of weeks and then I smelled gasoline. Pulled the tank and sure enough it was leaking again...do u know what kind of hose that is? I looked on the diagram but there doesn't seem to be a hose that resembles the one I had on originally...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RR_R6 05-21-2016 09:40 PM

Im having that same problem on my 03... @
def poor design... I took the pump partially out and it looks like that nipple does come off but the clips on the inside of the pump might snap off while removing it... That nipple should have been molded to that part of the pump to begin with... I know its been 3 months, hows that Seal-All holding???