Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/)
-   Bikes + Parts + Gear Wanted (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/141-bikes-parts-gear-wanted/)
-   -   WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/141-bikes-parts-gear-wanted/392858-wtb-05-blue-gas-tank-case-covers.html)

Panici 05-11-2016 03:33 PM

WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Looking for a Team Yamaha Blue fuel tank for my '05 R6.
The existing dented one is fine for the track, but won't do for street riding. I'd like to have a clean tank set aside for when I get the bike back on the road.

I'm also looking for a full set of case covers, aftermarket with replaceable sliders is a big plus. I'd also like the mounting hardware if you have it.

I believe 06+ R6S stuff will also fit, if anyone can confirm that would be good.

PM me!

Panici 05-27-2016 09:47 PM

Re: WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers

Bump. Still looking.

Panici 12-13-2016 03:16 PM

Bump. Still looking for everything.

adamb 01-23-2017 02:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have an ugly stator cover that passes tech. It has a welded piece of steel onto it.

I've been holding onto it as a spare but with the woodcraft sliders it seems redundant.

Panici 01-23-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamb (Post 5502625)

I have an ugly stator cover that passes tech. It has a welded piece of steel onto it.

I've been holding onto it as a spare but with the woodcraft sliders it seems redundant.

I thought the case covers were aluminum? How did you weld steel to it?

Also, I'm interested.

adamb 01-23-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panici (Post 5502649)

Also, I'm interested.

Good point, going to email previous owner and ask if it's steel or alum (parts are in storage so I can't get it and check). Will update with answer.

Mateo W. Watts 01-24-2017 06:28 PM

Following... been chasing case sliders for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamb 01-26-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panici (Post 5502649)

Also, I'm interested.

No answer from PO but I pulled cases out of storage. Definitely seem to be aluminum, way too light to be steel. Looks like they literally just bent the plate in the shape of the cover and welded it onto the cover, after a coat of paint it looks good as new.

I'm not exactly sure if it's as easy to weld onto the stator cover as it isn't Round but I'm sure anything is possible.

For a cheap method without spending the money on woodcraft covers this seems to work, maybe email your local org to ensure this would pass prior to buying/making your own.

Panici 05-23-2018 08:49 PM

Bump.
Still looking for case covers at minimum.

Wouldn't say no to a spare gas tank in Blue!

Panici 06-10-2019 12:13 PM

New year, new bump.
Still looking for these parts.