Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/)
-   New Member Section (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/65-new-member-section/)
-   -   hi new here my first post, couple r6 questions (https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/65-new-member-section/443750-hi-new-here-my-first-post-couple-r6-questions.html)

skermac 05-12-2019 03:46 PM

hi new here my first post, couple r6 questions

hello everyone, I ride but I don't own a bike yet, I learned many years ago on a dirt bike when I as a teen, but now im thinking I want a street bike, I really like the r1m, at least in videos, but it looks like too much of a bike for me, im not afraid to admit, the r6 looks to be the perfect balance and it it looks great. does it feel overly hot like I hear the r1 does in videos? I don't want to burn my leg sitting on it. is insurance reasonable? are girls attracted to it? will he back wheel lock when down shifting? also is it really that hard to start when cold? thanks everyone

FZ1guy 05-13-2019 09:52 AM

Re: hi new here my first post, couple r6 questions

Don't take this wrong, but it is obvious that the R1 is wayyyy too much, and the R6 probably is too. Look for a FZ6 or SV650. Buy it, ride it for a year or two, then sell it for what you bought it for.

Girls are only attracted to bikes they can ride on with you comfortably. The R6 is not that bike.

slawson12 05-13-2019 03:56 PM

Yes, it seems like my r6 runs a little hot between my legs

skermac 05-13-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZ1guy (Post 5743322)
Don't take this wrong, but it is obvious that the R1 is wayyyy too much, and the R6 probably is too. Look for a FZ6 or SV650. Buy it, ride it for a year or two, then sell it for what you bought it for.

Girls are only attracted to bikes they can ride on with you comfortably. The R6 is not that bike.

I just looked at a review for the fz6 on youtube, that bike looks really good, i'll take a look at it, thanks for the info

Duey170 05-14-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZ1guy (Post 5743322)

Quoted this so you can read it again because its spot on.

IssyR6 05-17-2019 08:38 AM

The R6 is for fun, I have a VFR800 for passengers.

Intuit 05-17-2019 07:55 PM

Riding to impress upon anyone other than yourself is a wrong reason. But it is natural to want to share experiences. This bike in particular doesn't have 2 seats. It has 1 or 1.25 seats.

sill'r B sill'd 2 05-28-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intuit (Post 5743716)
Riding to impress upon anyone other than yourself is a wrong reason. But it is natural to want to share experiences. This bike in particular doesn't have 2 seats. It has 1 or 1.25 seats.

QFT,
Back when I was single, I had a passenger who sat on the main seat with me lol. She was tiny.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk