Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding for 2 years and never once went to the track. So I went last friday. I've been down the track MANY times with my cars. Well over 200 pulls in all sorts of junk boxes. ANYWAYS... My first time was the quickest for some odd reason. I've got plenty of mods but I believe my top top end piddles out a lil bit. I need to get it retuned.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips? I don't know what I was launching at. The 2nd pull I snapped the wheel up (first wheelie ever..lol) No burnouts, not lowered, 200 mile Dunlop road smarts with no tire slip off the line.

R/T .273
60' 2.073
330 5.163
1/8 7.604
mph 101.31
1000 9.700
1/4 11.486
mph 125.02

That was my first and best pass. I did start getting a better mph around 127-128. I need to learn how to slip the clutch more.

-Ant.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been riding for 2 years and never once went to the track. So I went last friday. I've been down the track MANY times with my cars. Well over 200 pulls in all sorts of junk boxes. ANYWAYS... My first time was the quickest for some odd reason. I've got plenty of mods but I believe my top top end piddles out a lil bit. I need to get it retuned.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips? I don't know what I was launching at. The 2nd pull I snapped the wheel up (first wheelie ever..lol) No burnouts, not lowered, 200 mile Dunlop road smarts with no tire slip off the line.

R/T .273
60' 2.073
330 5.163
1/8 7.604
mph 101.31
1000 9.700
1/4 11.486
mph 125.02

That was my first and best pass. I did start getting a better mph around 127-128. I need to learn how to slip the clutch more.

-Ant.

Your 60fts should be way lower, what are you leaving at? Cant really say if your 1/4mile time is good or bad. what are your mods?

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went last friday and got better. Consistant 2.0 60' at 11.2 @ 125.

I have:
- -1+2
- thinner head gasket
- PCV (80% tune, clutch was slipping on the dyno for some reason, not doing it now)
- block off plates
- Full Leo (wasn't on during tune)
- stock air filter (has like 6k on it, I need to change it out this week)

But I'm pretty heavy, powder coated frame and other junk, FX35 headlights, LOTS of led's, passenger pegs, stock rearsets, it's a much heavier than stock bike.

I don't know what I am leaving at, I'd have to say 7k. My 2nd run ever I snapped the wheel up for the first time but I have gotton better about slipping the clutch. Stock tire pressure b/c I am not slipping at the line or anything. Our track is really sticky. I also have 28k miles on the bike. w00t!

-Ant.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only way am gonna hit 10.5's or lower is with sprockets. or a tune. my 60ft was a 1.675 i was launching at 14,000 i am guessing it will run low 10's if i really wanted it to. i was also running stock tire press. I am running a pure power for tire

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Launching at 14,000?! You aren't afraid of loopin' it!? lol

Nice job, Ant! :toocool:

I've always wanted to take the bike to the strip...just one of those things I haven't gotten around to doing! Does Commerce require a full leather suit or what?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Launching at 14,000?! You aren't afraid of loopin' it!? lol

Nice job, Ant! :toocool:

I've always wanted to take the bike to the strip...just one of those things I haven't gotten around to doing! Does Commerce require a full leather suit or what?
hell no, my front tire dont come up AT ALL, well maybe alittle i just put all my weight on the tank and it stays down :hump

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jesus. It's ALLLLL in the launch. If I can launch at 8-10k I can prob hit 10.9 or better. I snapped a wheelie my 2nd run and it scared me. It will take some more practice.

Joe Schmoe- If you run over 120mph you need full leathers, if you're.....under 10's or 10.5 you need the kill switch mounted to you. Every friday for the rest of the season they are open. LMK if u go!

-Ant.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds awesome you guys make me wanna go. Btw your truck in the sig is badass.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks bro. I do miss it. It was so sexy hauling my bike in the back of it. I thought about getting another one.

Go to the track man, it's so much fun. Kinda boring in the car but tons of fun on the bike.

-Ant.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jesus. It's ALLLLL in the launch. If I can launch at 8-10k I can prob hit 10.9 or better. I snapped a wheelie my 2nd run and it scared me. It will take some more practice.

Joe Schmoe- If you run over 120mph you need full leathers, if you're.....under 10's or 10.5 you need the kill switch mounted to you. Every friday for the rest of the season they are open. LMK if u go!

-Ant.

well when i first broke into the 10s i was launching at 10xxx. but the other day when i went the the track the bike would bogg out because it was hooking so damn good, 14xxx worked just fine.

·
Registered
591 Posts
bump from the past....I'm going to try to make it to the track tonight for the first time and see what I can do. But I was just curious if there was anything I should know to help me before I leave. Like tire pressure I've heard to lower it will help a little. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bump from the past....I'm going to try to make it to the track tonight for the first time and see what I can do. But I was just curious if there was anything I should know to help me before I leave. Like tire pressure I've heard to lower it will help a little. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
i dont even check tire psi! if your spinning your doing something wrong. stay on the sides and out of the middle with oil and stuff. start off launching low untill the bike stops bogging

1 - 14 of 14 Posts