Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am doing a chain conversion and have a question about front sprocket installation...I bought a Vortex 16T and since its a thinner chain (520) the teeth on the front sprocket are off set. My question is- do i install the teeth closer to the engine block or offset it (further away) from the engine block?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
well you should be able to line it up with your eye if you look at it throught the back. the vortexx sprocket should be able to go on two different ways. im not sure which way looks better. line it up and see for yourself. hope it helps!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Currently I am doing a chain conversion and have a question about front sprocket installation...I bought a Vortex 16T and since its a thinner chain (520) the teeth on the front sprocket are off set. My question is- do i install the teeth closer to the engine block or offset it (further away) from the engine block?

Thanks
Ummm...What exactly is the problem? You got 520pitch front and rear sprockets right? and a 520 pitch chain also?

I dont see what the problem is?

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Hmmmm I think I know what your asking..... You want the side of the sprocket with the flange on it facing towards the engine.

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
The rear only goes on one way and the front only goes on one way. The rear sprocket on the side that says vortex and how many teeth it is goes on facing outwards.
On the front the side that says how many teeth it is faces outwards as well.
The directions that came with the sprockets should tell you exactly how they go on.
When I did my front sprocket I put it on with the flange facing towards the engine. It is like a spacer to keep it away/keep it from hitting the case of the motor. It was a while ago that I did it, but this is what I remember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts