Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm BRAND NEW here (so I WILL invariably do something wrong, so be gentle) and want to say that after reading a couple of pages of posts that you guys seem to be a really cool closeknit community of R6 enthusiasts.

I live here in Honolulu, Hawaii and things are more expensive almost all the way around so please take that into consideration when responding to my question. I'm also really new to to the current bike market (last bike I purchased was a very lightly used red white and blue F2 from '93) so this may be way "out of the loop" sounding. ;)

If you were given the choice of purchasing an '01 Champ Eiditon R6 with 700 (<1k!) miles on it that included helmet, jacket, lock, alarm for $7k or a brand new '04 R6 off the showroom floor for $8.8k OTD (seems to be the going rate around here after bargaining them down from $9.3k) which would you pick and why?

I'd love to save $1.8k, but it seems like giving up the technical advancements that have been added to the bike over 3 model years (especially fuel injection) and the lack of warranty make the $8.8k not sound so bad a price.

I can't find any other nearly new bikes with low miles anywhere that aren't salvage titles... I'm in a quandry, and I've been hit by the "buying urge". You all know how that is, right? :twisted:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know how the "buying urge" feels like.... my 2002 got written off a few months ago.. and now I'm lookin at brand new R6s at $10,000ish canadian.... or 2003s with 2000 miles or so for $9000 (private, less tax) .... then i look in auto trader. and see a CBR 600RR (03) for $8500 with the same mileage..... yet it is the higher MSRP bike.. and think :wtf ... R6 are in high ass demand the last few years... I have $7000 right now... and they're all "just" outta reach without loans (which i wanna avoid like the plague)

$9000ish out the door US sounds a bit high.. butyou've already talked em down.... I'd lean towards the newer bike... warranty = less worry

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
if all the 01 bike has is the helmet, jacket, alarm, and lock, id say get the 04. for one thing that jacket and helmet may not fit you there for making them useless by you. and i would also say that having a warranty is a very nice thing. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.