Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, this is one of my first posts (been on the forum for a year now though reading/researching and whatnot.)

I have a 2001 R6 i bought used from a friend of mine a while back, and i'm kind of sick of the paint job. I've heard however that Supposedly on the 99-02's it's possible to cut away at the original coating of paint to reveal a nice white primer, anybody have any experience with any thing of the sort? My friends and i noticed that the "money shot" on the side of my bike looks like somebody cut away at the blue paint with a razor and pealed it away almost like a decal or a vinyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, yeah about that, it's a yoshi pipe (oval outlet) but i took the canister off cause i wanna remove some of the baffle or chop it down a bit (it's a little too quiet for my liking). considering i'm out of commission for a bit i might as well utilize the down time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Money shot...lol...never heard of using a razor blade to cut off the paint. Looks more like a decal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea from a distance it does, but up close you can see imperfections in it, and when you run a finger across it, you can feel the depth difference (the blue protruding more than the white), which brings me to my question, has anybody had personal experience with such customizing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts