Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my bike to the honda/yamaha shop in spanaway,wa because it was bogging bad and i figured it was just the carbs needed to by syncd plus i got a oil leak fixed. so i had them do that. after i it was done i took it for a test ride down the road and it ran just as bad, if not worse. so i had them look at it again tos ee what was doing it. i was thinking a coil needed to replace or somethin pretty simple. that was last saturday and i just called them up and they said that my first cylinder only fires up half of the time. if it fires up it works just like it should but if it doesnt then of course it runs bad..they said they have checked everything like the valves, coils, ect. but they can find nothing wrong with it. I dont think ive ever had a mechanic say they have no idea and pretty much have givin up. does anyone have a clue what it could be?

_Mike

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sounds like a loose ground or some other electrical problem. Possibly a coil on its way out. Switch the #1 coil with another cylinder. If the problem follows the coil, you've found your problem. If the #1 cylinder still misses with a difference coil, probably a wiring problem somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts