Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking into buying one of those $60 shorty pipes in eBay. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on them and I just wanted to know if anybody had any experience with them and liked them or not. I've heard it can hurt the bike because not sending back unburned girl to the cylinders can damage the valves or something..
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Do it!!! It's going to be loud. You'll have to re jet your bike though.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of people doing it with stock jets but will that Harm my bike? I don't even know how I'd go Shiite jetting my bike

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Just do it and worry about the valves later.

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
The common misconception everyone has about aftermarket exhausts on a four stroke bike is that their isnt enough back pressure. 4 Strokes arent as finicky on back pressure as a two stroke is. 4 Strokes make their back pressure in the header not the can sticking off the end. The only thing you will have to worry about is your Jetting. Exhaust gas leaving your motor even faster= Slightly more power, more power without carb adjustments usually means slightly leaner than rich.

Get yourself some washers from radio shack(They sell a nice bag of them for $3) and shim your needles. Maybe turn your fuel air a 1/4 turn out. Its easy to do

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if only I knew how to do that. I actually saw another 2001 with the same exhaust and I wanted to ask his opinion lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the other 01 r6 that I know that has it is ridicously loud and I want it so bad but if its a friggin process to do it then forget it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts