Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up yall. Im on the R1 forum and have a question about my buddies R6 and im sick of googling stuff trying to find this answer lol

Heres what I know.
01 R6, after market exhaust, jet kit (im like 90% sure of).

He had it for a week or so and it ran fine. Then he said he dropped it, lightly, in grass trying to turn around on gravel. Ever since we have been have problems with it. that night it was running fine and comes to a stop and it dies and will not start back up. We hauled it to his place and next morning started right up. We took off the carb cleaned it and one of the parts broke taking it apart so we got a replacement part. I have no idea what part it is, but it holds the needle and the float in the carb. then we took a 50 mile ride couple days later and it was fine, no issues.

Now the reoccuring problem is when the bike warms up and gets to running temp/ probably a little warmer it starts to cut out like its being flodded or starved even when the throddle is pinned. Mind you this only happens when its warm. Well the bike dies out and wont start back up, just cranks. Walk out the next day, and starts right up. We fixed the a/f screws to what we found is correct. But the problem still keeps happening. We found a thread somewhere where we thing its the coil plugs. So we are going to try and test them tonight and if worst case can just get new ones for under $100. But do yall have any idea what else we can try if the problem still happens. I dont think its being flooded or starved, but idk how much more or less of fuel would make it sputter so hard.

Any ideas are appreciated!!

Drew

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
There seem to be a lot of people having problems with the early R6 coils when they're warm. It sounds like everytime you leave the bike for a while, it starts up fine again. Something to keep in mind, even if they test and work fine when cold they might still be the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts