Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have a question for those who have raced cars.....ive never raced a car on my bike and i know bikes are faster but i guy called me out the other night with a 1g talon awd tsi he only races for money and he is pretty much the quickest car in my town well he said 50 dollars and i told him i didnt feel like goin the whole way out to the strip(like a 15 min ride) so i told him 200 cash and he said he would race me but i still didnt go out now im wondering if i should have done it . me 2001 r6 with jardine only perf. mod him 1g talon tsi awd with alot in the motor recently just put 400hp to all 4 wheels anyone know who would win?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
808r6 said:
ur doing the quarter mile...hmmm...yah, ud prob lose...
tell him do the eight mile and i think youd win
no i know pretty much eveything bout his car he is my friend....as for quart i thought it would be opp. cuz hes awd i thought i would get him bout half track

·
Registered
368 Posts
I hope you know how to ride your bike. With no experience, or even some experience, but no drag experience, that DSM is going to get a holeshot on you. And I doubt you will be able to catch up after that. If it was 300-350, I would say it might be a closer race, but not 400+ whp. Your only hope (and this coming from a DSM owner), is that he breaks down on the launch lol. Hope he snaps that 3 bolt rear or breaks the tranny. Unless of course he has already upgraded that all because its already been broke.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you can launch your bike hard it'll be close but those awd dsms can really jump off the line. They aren't impressive from a roll from what i've seen. 400awhp is running very healthy. If you are confident on your launch i'd say run him for 50 bucks.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
SRPS13 said:
They aren't impressive from a roll from what i've seen. 400awhp is running very healthy.
Depends on the type/bearing/size of turbo he is running.

My vote is that you'll get spanked. But again, this depends on his set up.

·
Registered
925 Posts
still it's awd and heavy. Without a doubt it's an impressive car. RWD and less weight will own with less power.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you better get ur ass out side and practice your launch before you have 200 less in your wallet.. i beat a 400 hp corvette.. not by much.. but i did.. but an awd talon is gonna beat me.. and i've been riding/drag racing my bike for awhile.. tell him u wanna race from a roll or something.. haha you shoulda took that 200 dollars to the strip club.. cuz either way.. your losing it..

·
I eat Ravens.
226 Posts
For a talon to run below a 12 in the quarter mile would probably take more than 400awhp (especially on street tires, unprepped track). Even an inexperienced rider should be able to pull that on the street. COME ON SON RACE HIM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Joebroni said:
I hope you know how to ride your bike. With no experience, or even some experience, but no drag experience, that DSM is going to get a holeshot on you. And I doubt you will be able to catch up after that. If it was 300-350, I would say it might be a closer race, but not 400+ whp. Your only hope (and this coming from a DSM owner), is that he breaks down on the launch lol. Hope he snaps that 3 bolt rear or breaks the tranny. Unless of course he has already upgraded that all because its already been broke.
Then after it's upgraded, it gets broke again! lol
sorry, had to rip on the dsm's. :poke

I was beating bikes back when I had the vortech on my mustang. And the vortech is slow compared to the turbo I have now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you cant beat a 400 hp car with a 600 thats pathetic.
If hes challanging you he mustbe runing 400 rwhp before he hits some nos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Owning a 1gb TSi, I'd say you'd win. If he's not on any EMS or datalogger (DSMLink for example) and he isn't doing a stutterbox launch.
400horse is good for around mid 12's to high 11's. Shit, even the stock 14b has been taken to better than them times. www.dsmtimes.org if you don't believe me.

Do it for $50 and let us know. Then when/if you lose ask Rich from pinks how many lengths you should get and how many spark plug wires he should disconnect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And, the reason I'm looking for a bike is because my DSM keeps breaking down. I bought it 2 years ago and it's had more downtime than drive time. More $ into it then I bought it for. But then again, when it's done I'll be eating R6's :)

(I'm looking at an 01' R6 right now so this story does interest me.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
-SA said:
Owning a 1gb TSi, I'd say you'd win. If he's not on any EMS or datalogger (DSMLink for example) and he isn't doing a stutterbox launch.
400horse is good for around mid 12's to high 11's. Shit, even the stock 14b has been taken to better than them times. www.dsmtimes.org if you don't believe me.

Do it for $50 and let us know. Then when/if you lose ask Rich from pinks how many lengths you should get and how many spark plug wires he should disconnect.
he is expecting high 11's but im gonna go ahead and race him and yes he is running dsm link

·
2002 R6 PROJECT...STILL!
337 Posts
i honestly think u should beat him in 1/8. as long as u know how to drive the thing and dont bog down in 1st..he shouldnt be a prob.

the 1/4, i think it would be close...but if play ur cards right and leave ur bike hangn at high rpms...u should be able to nudge him. play ur gears right....use ur 2nd 4 sure

1 - 20 of 42 Posts