Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it states im new to the r6 forums had bikes in the past but the r6 i have is very twitchy ive read the suspension links and all the settings seem to be for 160 pound peaple im 6 ft and 220 need any sugetions on maybe were to start im new to adjusting the suspensions and have read all the post on the how to's just wonderd if anyone hac a good bass setting to start at and go from there thanks for the great forum Joe

·
Registered
586 Posts
Joe, i'm 6'2 220- with a 99. I'll go home and count my clicks and let you know what mine are, sorry can't remember them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r6

Thanks guys this will give me a place to start tonight on the suspension. Got my fender eliminator on last night :twisted: looks alot beter

·
Registered
586 Posts
ok- got them counted today mine are as follows:
front-
preload-blue part
6th line barely showing
Rebound-inside blue part
4 clicks out
Compression-bottom of fork
5 clicks out
rear
preload-coilover
3rd groove down
rebound-bottom of shock
13 clicks down(counterclockwise)
compression-between res. and shockbody
4 clicks out

I ride mostly in town(lots of RR tracks) so i keep it a little soft, i don't think its too out to lunch though. hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
r6boater said:
ok- got them counted today mine are as follows:
front-
preload-blue part
6th line barely showing
Rebound-inside blue part
4 clicks out
Compression-bottom of fork
5 clicks out
rear
preload-coilover
3rd groove down
rebound-bottom of shock
13 clicks down(counterclockwise)
compression-between res. and shockbody
4 clicks out

I ride mostly in town(lots of RR tracks) so i keep it a little soft, i don't think its too out to lunch though. hopefully this helps.
The Blue part is your rebound, inside the blue part is your preload. I think you got it mixed up.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My bad, that's why I put the description for everything. "I've got one of those relaxed brains" :stupic

·
Registered
586 Posts
Actually, I looked in my manual and was right to begin with, the blue part is the preload. Page 3-17 and 3-18, thats on a 99.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts