Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a 2002 that has been jetted ?? i hear they are different from the 01's and beyond ? any thoughts ?? [/img]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do not YET. But when I do.....it will be the Ivans carb kit!!

With my Leo Vinci Exhaust

·
Registered
293 Posts
i put a factory jet kit in mine this weekend with 152.5 out and 147.5 in jets (the ones on the 2 inside carbs are smaller because they even out when it heats up). i live in denver so i put smaller ones in to try to correct for altitude. oh i have a full hindle by the way.

there is still something wrong though........i dont know if it is they arent synchronized perfectly or if the jets are the wrong size or what. but it iis still a bit choppy although it is way better than before. it seems to be at low rpms and not at all once i get around 7-8 and up. the head mechanic at the yamaha dealer here said that those size jets is what he puts in all the 02s up here. :confused

·
Registered
831 Posts
I wish I knew more about rejetting but I don't. :dog

I did find on factory's website there is a dyno tuner in Northglenn, CO. Is that near you? Either way you could still give them a call. They might give you some tips. The shop name is Metro Powersports and the number is 303 255-7050.

I have also contacted Factory about posting some of thier carb tuning guides on this site. But for now, go to www.factorypro.com and click on Motorcycle tech. Then select high rpm motors and read the article. It tells you step by step how to adjust it properly.

DJ1298

1 - 6 of 6 Posts