Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have an 02 R6 (02 / 2002) and it the battery has died. The standard battery that was in it was a GT9B-4. I've gone into my local Peter Stevens and they've sold me a Yuasa YT9B-BS.

Problem is when I fit the new battery, the positive terminal on the Yuasa battery is on the side where the Negative terminal is and the Positive side is where the negative terminal lives.

Does anyone have a photo of their battery setup or am I doing something monumentally stupid?

Help as I am about to pull the small amount of hair that is on my head right off :)

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
No way of flipping it around? I can't help with pictures, maybe if you post one of how yours looks now someone will see something missing..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've attached some photo's so you can see what I mean. It's an 02 / 2002 Yamaha R6.

Photo - There's a photo of the new battery.

Photo - Battery carrier empty, you can see the red (+) battery wire and the negative (-).

Photo - Battery sitting in the carrier, the positive cable then extends to where the negeative mark is on the battery and the negative cable is sitting right next to the positive mark is on the battery.

The negative cable won't extend all the way over to the positive cable either.

The battery can't flip around either as then the terminals would be under the frame near the tank.

Can someone pleeeeease help as I want to ride my bike :)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts