Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted up vids a while back with the blue 02 r6 running very well and i havent stoped... bike is nastyer than ever, done a few more things....did a color change, the electric blue got boring....

i am gonna be in the bracket shoot outs in NC in a few weeks, if anyone else is going i will be with RNR racing....come say hi.....

the r6 vs a zx14 in the 1/8th....
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nasty-R6-vs-ZX14_175777.htm

a pic i took the other morning, thought it was decent...

·
In Florida
778 Posts
I posted up vids a while back with the blue 02 r6 running very well and i havent stoped... bike is nastyer than ever, done a few more things....did a color change, the electric blue got boring....

i am gonna be in the bracket shoot outs in NC in a few weeks, if anyone else is going i will be with RNR racing....come say hi.....

such a bad ass looking bike

·
Registered
97 Posts
beautiful bike bro...

lots of people think the 600s are underdogs and you give us hope. I wont ask a detailed list of mods that you have but I will ask one 1 question: Are the internals of the engine stock or modified?

·
In Florida
778 Posts
yeah man the 600 aren't that much slower than the liter bikes, i have beaten several in a 1/8 mile races, my friend has an 08 ZX10 and only ran 7.8's at 109 and someone else i know has an 05 zx10 and only ran 7.4, but both guys are around 300 lbs. or so :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea dude...whats a GOOD 1/8 time for a 600 and at what speed approx?

Also, I raced a 1000rr few weeks ago and up to 110 we were DEAD even...only then he started to pull on me, for obvious displacement reasons. But I was very happy at how my lil sixxer was hanging in there

·
Registered
67 Posts
hahaha lol ;) ^^
I've ran this bike numerous times the first time we ran I got 10 bikes and at 160 we were dead even thats was with a 125lb pound rider (soaking wet) vs me @235lb stock wheelbase and stock motor -1 down front not to mention I had the most bullshit launch ever. The very last times we ran I remember exact it was with the same 125lb rider he gave me 2 bikes around 140 he was at my back tire then we went heads up on the next run he put about 2 bikes on me around 140 (this was with him on a bald shinko).

My weight kills me esp going against someone who is on a stretched bike with a shinko and weighs roughly 100lbs less.

I really cant wait till I get a new clutch, get extensions, and put on this sprocket thats just been sitting here. The spot we go to mostly everyone has liter bikes I would love to wax all of them, and if I lose the spray is going on.

·
In Florida
778 Posts
yea dude...whats a GOOD 1/8 time for a 600 and at what speed approx?

Also, I raced a 1000rr few weeks ago and up to 110 we were DEAD even...only then he started to pull on me, for obvious displacement reasons. But I was very happy at how my lil sixxer was hanging in there

mine bone stock was able to get 7.31 @ 103 mph,

did the T-Tuner (no PCIII) -1 on front sprocket and lowered 2" in rear and 1" in front and made a pass of 7.0 @100 mph

now i need a PCIII, and +2 in the rear gearing should be in the 6's

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've ran this bike numerous times the first time we ran I got 10 bikes and at 160 we were dead even thats was with a 125lb pound rider (soaking wet) vs me @235lb stock wheelbase and stock motor -1 down front not to mention I had the most bullshit launch ever. The very last times we ran I remember exact it was with the same 125lb rider he gave me 2 bikes around 140 he was at my back tire then we went heads up on the next run he put about 2 bikes on me around 140 (this was with him on a bald shinko).

My weight kills me esp going against someone who is on a stretched bike with a shinko and weighs roughly 100lbs less.

I really cant wait till I get a new clutch, get extensions, and put on this sprocket thats just been sitting here. The spot we go to mostly everyone has liter bikes I would love to wax all of them, and if I lose the spray is going on.

bike is a tad faster than the last time u ran it jamie lol, run eric on it tonight :D....that 1/8 mile pass was with a 165 lbs rider.... not james riding.... your gonna need more than a stretch and gearing to beat me...maybe with a 30 shot you will get me but im all motor so yea....c ya out there if u come out tongiht.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
bike is a tad faster than the last time u ran it jamie lol, run eric on it tonight :D....that 1/8 mile pass was with a 165 lbs rider.... not james riding.... your gonna need more than a stretch and gearing to beat me...maybe with a 30 shot you will get me but im all motor so yea....c ya out there if u come out tongiht.....
I said nothing about 1/8th mile. I was talking the very last few times I ran james on your bike. Granted your bike was on a bald shinko I say maybe 3-4 bikes heads up with james riding is what your bike would beat me by with a good tire, seeing as he put 2 on me heads up with a bald shinko.

I think with a stretch a new clutch and 3+ in the back it would be a good run. I think james would still put possibly a bike or so but I also weigh 100+ more than him. Maybe on day someone the weight of Eric or James can ride my bike and run yours with either eric or james. Your bike is deff quick for whats done.

My clutch is toast right now so I guess it will have to wait, shit is slipping up top and anything past 3rd. My bike is also a tad faster :YEA

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I said nothing about 1/8th mile. I was talking the very last few times I ran james on your bike. Granted your bike was on a bald shinko I say maybe 3-4 bikes heads up with james riding is what your bike would beat me by with a good tire, seeing as he put 2 on me heads up with a bald shinko.

I think with a stretch a new clutch and 3+ in the back it would be a good run. I think james would still put possibly a bike or so but I also weigh 100+ more than him. Maybe on day someone the weight of Eric or James can ride my bike and run yours with either eric or james. Your bike is deff quick for whats done.

My clutch is toast right now so I guess it will have to wait, shit is slipping up top and anything past 3rd. My bike is also a tad faster :YEA
my bike is a 2002 your is brand new and i had some catching up to do in the power department.... but i do have a decent amount done to it and just did someting new....james only got u by a few bc he cant launch the bike the way it should be...run eric on it heads up and i think you'll change ur mind, hes a profesional drag racer and dosent mess the launch up..... gonna need more than stretch and +3 to get him with whats done to my bike..... stop riding wheelies and your clutchs will last longer lol.... i race almost every day and only put 2 sets in the bike at 26K....

·
Registered
67 Posts
my bike is a 2002 your is brand new and i had some catching up to do in the power department.... but i do have a decent amount done to it and just did someting new....james only got u by a few bc he cant launch the bike the way it should be...run eric on it heads up and i think you'll change ur mind, hes a profesional drag racer and dosent mess the launch up..... gonna need more than stretch and +3 to get him with whats done to my bike..... stop riding wheelies and your clutchs will last longer lol.... i race almost every day and only put 2 sets in the bike at 26K....

I guess well see when my bikes done, im gonna have to make it on a dyno soon. Only way to really see whos bike is faster is have eric ride both of the down the track LOL.

Im at 12k, remember im stock wheelbase so when I launch I have to slip the clutch 100 times more and on top of that all the clutch up wheelies that clutch has been abused for 12k.

·
Registered
6 Posts

yes this is a bada$$ bike :toocool:

Very NICE. Thanks for sharing.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
dude, you're making me nostalgic. I used to have a red 2001 r6 just like the one above, just no extensions. It was SOO SOO clean until I took it to a shop to have a jet kit put in and valves adjusted...and they WRECKED IT!!! I loved that bike more than my 636 drag bike, more than my 08 r6r. In my humble opinion, the Vivid Red Cocktail R6 from 2001 is one of the best looking bikes ever produced. It looks fast and mean sitting still.

Someday I will have another one....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts