Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm about to do a coolant flush today on my 02 r6 and just wondering if anyone knows the size of the crush washer or gasket for the drain is?

In the pictures it looks like a copper crush washer, just wondering if anyone knows the size? I'd like to buy it before I start this so I don't have to run out to buy one once I get the old one out. And unfortunately, the guy at the yammy dealership here curses out R6 and R1s and can never find shit on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,241 Posts
Hey all, I'm about to do a coolant flush today on my 02 r6 and just wondering if anyone knows the size of the crush washer or gasket for the drain is?

In the pictures it looks like a copper crush washer, just wondering if anyone knows the size? I'd like to buy it before I start this so I don't have to run out to buy one once I get the old one out. And unfortunately, the guy at the yammy dealership here curses out R6 and R1s and can never find shit on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Don't bother with the drain screw. Just pull the lowest hose off . It's a little more messy, but it's faster and it doesn't require a new washer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So pull off both hoses? Mess doesn't matter to me, I'll have plenty of cardboard laid down.

I'm just going through what the walk through did, he pulled the top and the drain screw, so should I pull the top and bottom hose? Or just the bottom?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
doesn't require a new anything dude, just drain it. the hose works better because it lets more out.
I still prefer using the drain plug because a hose that's been on for a while is often stuck pretty good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. Gonna be pulling it apart in a second.

I hope this engine ice is all it's cracked up to be, haha.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,241 Posts
So pull off both hoses? Mess doesn't matter to me, I'll have plenty of cardboard laid down.

I'm just going through what the walk through did, he pulled the top and the drain screw, so should I pull the top and bottom hose? Or just the bottom?
No. Just pull the lowest hose to the water pump. Just the end that connects to the pump. And open the radiator cap to let air in so it will drain better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts