Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Last night when I was riding I had my low-beam light go out on the right side of my bike, which is also the side that my high-beam comes on. Whats weird though is that when I put my high-beam on, the light comes on...

What happened? Any ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
On a 2000 you have high and low on both sides. The bulb have two different filaments so one can break and the other is still good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On a 2002 do both lights come on for low & high beam??

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
on my 02, both are high and low.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL dang i wanted to edit my post before anyone caught it...I went out and checked just to make sure and you're right, both lights have the high and low.

So I need a new bulb I guess...how much do they cost and what kind of bulb is it?

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
LOL dang i wanted to edit my post before anyone caught it...I went out and checked just to make sure and you're right, both lights have the high and low.

So I need a new bulb I guess...how much do they cost and what kind of bulb is it?
:banned:

Like everybody else said - Both lights come on with the older models which is better than the newer models.. :sing Just change out the bulb and all is good - Put some blue bulbs because they are allot brighter...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
how come people dont know that on the 99-02 model, BOTH sides have low beams and high beams.....???
:poke

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't know that. Bought my first bike about 2 months ago; 02-R6. I replaced my bulbs with some aftermarket Xeon ones from the bike shop since my left side never came on. I will have to check my bulbs because no lights are on when switched to low beam, only hi beam. Oh well. On is on i guess, hehe. Maybe I can figure out a way to toggle my low beam switch to run a set of angel eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts