Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i've had my 02 r6 now for a few months and love it. But ever since i got it I've had issues with the charging system. so first i replaced a regulator and we plugged it in wrong and fried it, that went bad so we put a new one in and after a while THAT one went bad. out of the three regulators it had they all went bad. So i bought a new stator and regulator. so i replaced the stator and re wired the connection from the stator to the wiring harness (it was burnt and melted). I then plugged in all the old regulators and one seemed it was testing fine. So I've been using that one. the reason i didn't put in my new one is it hadn't gotten here yet. so i tried the old one and it worked. Ive been riding it for a while now and its been working great but just today i was riding it, lost all of my cluster, got home, tried to start it, and bam dead battery. So I'm guessing its the regulator now. I'm going to test it tonight but i was wondering everyone else's opinions. I think its frying regulators and i don't know why. i checked all the wiring near the stator and reg. and its all good. the stator tests fine (from 40v to 70v max revved.) and the regulator tested fine (12v to 14.5) when i put it in. I have the new one but wanna try to figure it out before i stick that one in. Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i just got done measuring out the voltage. the stator is measuring good, no continuity from any of the three voltage coming out to the case, new regulator seems good. measuring up to 14.5v and low is 12v. i will test the headlight today. battery is brand new though deffinently NOT a bad cell. the thing just keeps frying regulators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.