Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay peeps need some help i have an 2002 r6 and wanna know if i could put a r1 tail on a 02 r6 i seen it on a bike and liked it and the only reason i want it is for the exhaust that comes out the tail light. So my question is what year can i use for a 2002 r6 (2003 r1 or 04) and do i need just the tail or the subframe too and if theres any more things i need to know about this ..

Any adivise will help me out i have some on ebay im looking a tbut wanna make sure before i bid what year and what things i need thanks hope someone can help

this is the picture of what im talking about doing to my r6 ...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ah yes, the taylor racing pipe. saw it on an R1 at the bike show in NYC. Kinda tuff to see but its there.

it would be a pretty sick conversion but getting the exhaust lined up might be a hassle since its designed for the R1 and where the pipe meets up with the collector on our bikes is different from where it meets up on the R1 due to the EXUP valve on it. There might be a way for Wolf to bend you a single pipe that follows the same lines of his underseats that would mount up to the Taylor Racing tip. Plus, not that you probably care, but you lose all the trunk space since that is where the exhaust goes.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well see thats were it actually turns easy cause my boy is letting hiim use his 03 kawi to test this new pipe hes designing basically has a prototype right now.. well he asked him about me and he said he would customizd the pipe for my bike so ill i gotta do is get the right tail andd put it on and drop my bike at his shop and he will do the rest for me

as for the trunk thats np problem i never use it anyways lol ... just carry a lock in there thats it

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
you might have problems witht he seats not lining up witht the holes in the r1 tail fairing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i talked to my boy and he said if i do this i need the whole tail which means tail subframe seat and seat cowl and all bolts now i just need to know if the 03 r1 tail would work with my 02 r6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts