Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is im the right forum. but i was wondering what kind of 1/4 times were you guys running on your 03/04 R6's. my best time is [email protected] just wanted to compare what other guys were running. my friend was running low 11s on his 600RR put trapping low 120's. only reason he was beating me was because i couldnt keep the front tire on the ground in 1st.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What Rpms are you leaving at. If you slip the clutch at about 8 you should be able to take him. Its all in the launch. You can go higher but it takes practice. THe wheel will come up when you bump second but stay in it. Just keep practicing and give me your full time slip that way we can see where you need some help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont remember what RPM it was but i was trying to slip the clutch. but it kept lifting in 1st. as soon as the weather gets a bit better im gonna go back to the track. and post the timeslips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loki1313 said:
sounds to me like hes gettin a better take off then u. whats his 1/4 mile time.
my friend ran [email protected] yeah he was out launching me. Seems the R6 is a lot more torquey than the 600RR. he was launchin hard and keepin the front wheel on the ground.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
i dont remember the power curves, but i do beleive te r6 had more power down low. just seems like u need to practice your launches more and get better at hi rpm launches to get a better time. IMO :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.