Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup people.
i just want to know if im the only 1 who scratches swing arm with my boots. both side is slightly scratched by my boots... i cant do anything about it.
i cant describe better..... swing arm scratched by my boots :roll:
just want to know if im the only one with that problem, b/c it looks like u cant avoid scratching ur swing arm...
pretty weird/ sucks.

:?: :roll:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
my swing arm does have scratches from my boosts also. i seen some carbon fiber pieces that you install with some 2way tape. i forgot the site though. if i find it ill post it. i seen some other guys just put stirps of electrical tape. then just change it every once in a while. thats what i will probably do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stoneloco808 said:
my swing arm does have scratches from my boosts also. i seen some carbon fiber pieces that you install with some 2way tape. i forgot the site though. if i find it ill post it. i seen some other guys just put stirps of electrical tape. then just change it every once in a while. thats what i will probably do.
cool thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
With the stock rearsets, the heelguard prevented my heels from scraping the swingarm. When I switched to the gilles rearsets, the left side was fine because it had a heelguard, but the right side didn't have one, so I scraped some of the black paint off the swingarm. The swingarm, itself, isn't scratched, but the paint came off a little. oh well, man. Hopefully, somebody will figure out a better solution than tape. Until then, the damage is already done... Well at least people know that I ride her hard...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts