Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Got street appeal?
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory projectors converted so the outsides are low beam. The two dummy lenses have been replaced with two lights for high beam. Trim rings have been painted blue. The reflectors of the high beam become translucent when low beams are on and high beam is off giving off a halo effect. $125 or $75 with trade of old projectors

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,672 Posts
$125 shipped?

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,672 Posts
PM Sent.

·
Registered
271 Posts
you plan on doing this any more? i dont have the money for it now, but in a couple weeks id probably be a player. Could you do ll 4 lights with HID's? like the outsides low beand and the insides high beams? ALSO! when you flip the high beams on are all 4 lights on?

·
zomething different
8,421 Posts
i see you had them mounted in a 3rd gen, will they fit back in a 2nd? did you have to 'modify' them to fit in your bike?

·
Got street appeal?
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you plan on doing this any more? i dont have the money for it now, but in a couple weeks id probably be a player. Could you do ll 4 lights with HID's? like the outsides low beand and the insides high beams? ALSO! when you flip the high beams on are all 4 lights on?
I have not found reflector buckets that fit the "dummy" lenses deep enough to put H.I.D. bulbs in the high beam. When I flip the high beams on all 4 lights are on.

I see you had them mounted in a 3rd gen, will they fit back in a 2nd? did you have to 'modify' them to fit in your bike?
These will fit back into a 2nd gen with no modification. I just made brackets for them to fit into the 3rd gen. No mods, I can take them out and put them back in my second gen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.