Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just 2 questions I was hoping you guys could assist me with.

1) I'm looking to buy an 03 - 05 model r6 sometime soon (i think the r1 would do not good things to my life expectancy). I've been told that the gearbox feels a bit stiff and funny in it. Is it something that you guys notice and/or have problems with.

2) I work for a bike shop and can get bikes for cheaper, however the only bikes of this model available to me are red. Yamahas are meant to be blue and I refuse to ride a red bike. However, my work imports parts directly from Japan. Was considering buying the bike and getting a new fairing set shipped over for it. We don't have the R6S here in australia and I can find little information on it. Are the R6S fairing an exact fit match for the 03 - 05 model ones? Would be somewhat unknown down here to have that bike with an 07 colour scheme on it. Also are other parts for the R6S interchangeable. Parts for the 03 - 05 are beecoming harder to get, we can no longer get the GYTR parts for it here, but if the R6S parts fit I will get it imported from the US.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Cheers

Paul

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
get the 05 if you can. EFI, changes in frame/forks and little engine changes.

I think new 06+ R6S fairings would fit an 03-05 R6, yes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.