Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who's removed em? i'm thinkin about taking mine off but dont know where to order an exhaust hanger for the stock can? :confused:

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
I just got rid of mine. I traded them for a POS Vortex hanger. So, I had to order a New Yamaha Factory hanger. It was actually really hard to order, and it had to come clear from Europe. I dont actually have it yet, but it should be to me in about 2-3 weeks. There are a few on the market right now that would be good for ya, but I would have to say... DON'T ORDER THE VORTEX HANGER.
I think Harris Performance, Epic, Sato, and Puig make them as well. You can view all of them at this link http://www.solomotoparts.com/catalog/Exhaust-Hangers-etc-p-1-c-478.html
If you do happen to order one though, make sure to check if you will be using OEM Hardware to mount it, if it comes WITH hard ware to mount it, or if you have to buy the hard ware.
Let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. i was lookin at the bike last weekend and thinkin how much cleaner it would look without the aircraft grade polished passenger hangers and pegs ;)

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Yeah. I debated for nearly a year whether I liked my Pass. Pegs on it or not. Then, my wife quit riding with me. Apparently riding on the back seat "hurts her arse" and she won't stay on the bike for more than about 45 mins at a time with me. SO, what's the fun in THAT? None right? So I traded them. It does look alot more sleek, but it just doensn't look right without a seat cowl, so that is the very next purchase on my list. (which I have also been kicking around for over a year, and just couldn't bring myself to buy it.) Now that I have no Pass. Pegs though, I have a very good reason to get the Cowl.
Let me know what you end up getting if you get one, and how you like it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my wife bitches about the seat as well so i have no need for the pegs either. tell ya the truth ridin 2 up with her was a pain anyway. on the r6 im solo and when i get home its her turn :hump :nocontrol

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
i took them off and put on a sato exhaust hanger. love it. you might be able to see it in my sig.

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
Titanium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts