Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Holeshot Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an undercut race transmission with GYTR gears from R&D Motorsports in Florida. It is the transmission I had in my 05 Factory Yamaha Race bike. It came out of Jamie Hackings bike. When I took the motor apart I sent the trans out for a rebuild and undercut and never got to using it. It cost me just under $800 and that was at dealer cost. Asking $400. It is in the box wrapped up as it was sent back to me. Send me a message or post up if your are serious. I will take it out of the box and snap some pictures and post them up or send them to you.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Pics of the parts please. Close ups on the dogs if you can.

·
Holeshot Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GYTR gears... What ratio option is it?
Not sure. Wish I could tell you. It was a real-deal factory yamaha race bike so they had all the allowable gytr parts on it and then some. Not sure what the available ratios were that year but it was probably just a bit shorter than stock. The bike was incredibly fast down the straights and would lift the wheel off the ground through 3rd gear while doing full throttle up shifts.

·
Holeshot Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Holeshot Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics of the parts please. Close ups on the dogs if you can.
I'll have to take it out and take pictures. I'll do that tomorrow. This was a full-race undercut setup and the gears are perfect. My yamaha service manager that helped me with all my race stuff sent this to R&D and is friends with one of the head guys there and this got the full treatment. I paid exact cost on it and retail would have been over $1000 for the full undercut on all 6 gears and new bearings and they may have possibly done a hardening treatment. Can't remember. I'll have to see if the invoice is still in the box.

·
Holeshot Master
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some pictures. It's so nice and well done it makes me want to put my EX-Factory motor back together just to use it. Every surface has been machined and polished. All new circlips and main end bearing. Old stuff is in the box that was replaced. Truly a work of art.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts