Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mmmmm
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got an 03 and the guy who owned the bike before me got some cheep ebay clipons which would be fine except they're about .5inches taller then stock so when idiot put them on he set them up like stock (tubes to the top of the clipon) and the bike handled like poop. I went ahead and put them under but now the brake reservoir doesn't reach and throttle cable sticks/pinches.

What is a low profile clip on compatible with the 03 R6 that hopefully can go on top so my throttle returns and brake reservoir fits

Thanks

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
43mm. Sounds like the older vortex clip ons. 3 bolts to clamp it?

The newer Vortex clip ons only have two clamps. You could also check out Woodcraft, Driven and Renthal.

·
mmmmm
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
43mm. Sounds like the older vortex clip ons. 3 bolts to clamp it?

The newer Vortex clip ons only have two clamps. You could also check out Woodcraft, Driven and Renthal.
I saw that they may be old vortex, I expected some kind of marking on them but having read up the -14 degree bend seems to be what it is. I need to know the height of the clamp part for the new ones. I had woodcraft on my CBR track bike they were fine. I'd really just like to get something before road america this next Monday so any measurements would help, <1inch is what I need

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
I have yet to see any aftermarket clipons that will fit on top of the clamp on that bike. Woodcraft makes clipons in 4 different riser heights so you could probably use those to mount it under the clamp but still be up high like stock.

·
I ride my wife and her R6
101 Posts
I have yet to see any aftermarket clipons that will fit on top of the clamp on that bike. Woodcraft makes clipons in 4 different riser heights so you could probably use those to mount it under the clamp but still be up high like stock.
I did exactly that on my wife's 03 R6 track bike. I used a 2" rise and installed it under the triple. I tried it last week and it worked great.

Here's a pic.

·
I ride my wife and her R6
101 Posts
No prob, these are Wood Craft. I'm pretty sure the others will do great as well. Have fun at Road America!

·
mmmmm
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The woodcrafts came in time and all was good. Next thing i'm after is swapping exhausts and getting rid of wiring. (I need to find what happened to the clutch switch since it only starts in neutral)
Road america was chewed up but blackhawk wednesday was fun

pretty decent for my 3rd track day on a track bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts