Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi So I am doing some upgrades to my bike. Really want to put on a short slip on like the M4, Toce or GYTR, however it seems none are compatible with the 03 R6.... well based on Amazon and Ebay. Can't buy a full system now, but was hoping if you guys knew how to get one of these slips on to work or if there are any suggestions of a good slipon I could possible pick up at a reasonable price.:swordfigh

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too many companies that do this for the second gen, but with a little effort most can be made to fit. But the most popular Ive seen is the OEM 06-07 can, Olsen Peformance, HR1 Exhaust, Voodoo (but is STUPID LOUD)
Really? So if I were to get my hands on a OEM 06-07 stock exhaust, I could install it myself?:popcorn::nocontrol

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
Yes, like I said, it will take a little effort to get the pipe on.

Example of one that was for sale
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187114

Im not sure of the exact process that is needed but I know it can be done. And with that being said that would open doors for all 06-07 slip ons for that matter GYTR M4 etc.

Another way to search this is, a common mod for the 06+ R6 is to use a 2nd gen header to get rid of the cat and then make their slip on fit onto that header

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, like I said, it will take a little effort to get the pipe on.

Example of one that was for sale
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187114

Im not sure of the exact process that is needed but I know it can be done. And with that being said that would open doors for all 06-07 slip ons for that matter GYTR M4 etc.

Another way to search this is, a common mod for the 06+ R6 is to use a 2nd gen header to get rid of the cat and then make their slip on fit onto that header
Thanks a million Tdoss:toocool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries, I was scrolling thru a header mod thread some ppl are using an adapter pipe to get the sizing correct or they were using a pipe strecher to expand the exhaust can inlet area
Yes, someone mentioned an adapter, however been searching on Amazon and to no avail. Is there a specific name for this?

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
I dont know if it has a technical term, but if you go to a muffler or exhaust shop and tell them you need an X to Y exhaust adapter where x is the outer diameter of your header and y is the inner diameter of the slip on, they should be able to make it, they would also be the same ppl that would be able to "stretch" the slip on to the outer diameter of your header pipe also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, think I will check with one. In addition seems the Olson performance is a nice choice. I might just go with that. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts