Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I have been talking to this guy about an 03 R6 that he has for sale. Says that it is a US model w/ 2100 miles and in perfect condition w/ 3 months left on the factory warrenty. If you want some more information e-mail this guy at [email protected]

I think that it may be too good to be true. But look into it. Im wishing I had the money now!

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
for $2000. i cant believe that. maybe $2000 and take over his payments, sounds more realistic. but for just $2000, please...... sounds like a scam.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree! Here is the email about payment that I have from him
Bobby,

the bike have us spects on and is registered in USA because i bought it from there and i am selling because i really need the money asap and i can not register it here!

OK!
Look how we will do this:
first you will put the money at western union from your name and
address to
a name that you choose like a receiver(your father name for example) and my address(Tivolig 54
A-1120 Wien,Austria)so i can just check them first ,like a proof
of
payment so i will see that you are willing to pay me.
After that you email me the transaction details that i need for
checking:
-sender's name and address
-receiver's name and address
-MTCN(money transfer control number)and the total amount that you sent.
After i check the money in the next seccond i will make the shipping to
your
name and address.
When you receive and test the item you call at western union and tell
them
to change the receiver's name with mine so i can pick up the money.
IN THIS WAY YOU PAY AFTER YOU RECEIVE AND TEST THE ITEM.
Whe! n you put the money for checking don't tell that thing to the
western
union agent because if they know that you will pay too many taxes and i
will
also pay a lot of taxes when i will check the here,just tell them that
you
send the money to a friend in Austria,and when you receive the
item
and you have to change the receiver name with mine you call them and
tell
them that you need to change the names because your friend has moved
from
there and you need somebodyelse to pick up the money.
It is very easy,secure and fast.
I will shipp trough LUFTHANSA on my expences and you will receive it in max
3 days.
Look an example how to do it:
SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS:Your name and address
RECEIVER'S NAME AND ADDRESS:A name that you choose like a receiver(your
father's name for example) and my address(Tivolig 54
A-1120 Wien,Austria)
Email me asap!

·
Registered
118 Posts
HAHAHA....oldest scam in the book...the old western union money order in another persons name....trust me, ive talked to western union people, and they even admitted that they have problems with some branches paying out to people, even though the money is not in their name....too good to be true.

...silly 'Noles...

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yup if it smells like a scam, sounds like a scam, looks like a scam...... guess what, must be a scam. that is way too fishy, wire him money through western union. please i wish i could meet this guy and give him some wall to wall counseling. too many people out there got scammed by people like this. people like this make ebay and other internet sites make you think twice about your next big purchase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just emailed him back and told him that the ONLY way I would do it would be through an eBay auction and using Paypal as a payment method. This way I am insured through both of them on the purchase. eBay does automatic fraud protection for any vechicle which is purchased through a legal auction.

I did some research online I found MANY people talk about this exact same type of Western Union scam w/ many different products.

Guess I'll wait and see what he comes back with.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hes gonna say something like, "i dont want to use paypal cause it only lets me take out $500 a month, and i need the money now" at least thats what happened when i talked to one of these guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did reply and said only west. union since it is fastest so I asked about using an ebay auction. But I am sure that it will be the same thing. I am looking into how to report him to the Nat Fraud Protection so at least he cant scam someone else. Im glad I put it on here and heard about the scam. As soon as I did a search online I found 100's of the exact same type thing.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i personally say if the buyer says they want to use western union its a scam. if they wont accetp any other payment method they are scaming u. besides i would have passed after just reading the basic email part. they always type like they have trouble speaking english. if they dont live in the US, dont buy it. but these are only my views on this subject :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
if i am not mistaken ebay will only cover somewhere around $100, but there is a $25. so if you get screwed on a $2000 transaction you will only get back $75. there are scammers on ebay as well. look out. if it sounds too good to be true.....it is. stay away from guys like this. it is much safer to purchase a bike locally. it may cost 3 times as much but you will have a chance to see the condition first hand.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya ebay only covers a little peice of it. and paypal will only cover it if you pay for it to be covered, otherwise its only got 500 dollars of coverage

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, my buddy found one like that in the local paper here last week. Thats was the Duc 999R for 11k thread i posted. he just emailed me another 2 of them today. one for a R6 and one for a R1.

I found another 2 scams in the bargain news last night. Once again one bike
was in Chicago a 2003 R6 with 1000 miles for $4100 and he was willing to go
to $3300. Then there was a 2003 R1 asking $4400 1700 miles located in
italy. Both looking for money up front

I'm going to contact the guy in Chicago about the R6 and see if it is the same dude that posted up about the 999R Fila Rep for 11k.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts