Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a K&N air filter for my bike, but it seems to be a really pain in the ass to install or make fit into my air box. Finally i got it in but it is a very very tight fit. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my filter/bad fitment. Please let me know! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
yeah its normal...if you search around theres tons of posts about it. Most of them ended up cutting the filter for it to fit better, which you may end up doing...

But yes, you got the right filter...it just doesnt fit 100% without a "custom" fit to it

·
Registered
16 Posts
i am about to purchase a K&n as well and i was just wondering how much you actually notice a difference. i was talking to my girlfriends dad and he said the air flows really well but if you take off the filter and look at the inside it is a little dirty which means dirt is getting into the motor. just wondering what you guys think

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly like mine, i think that i notice a difference but im not sure lol. Sometimes i think that its just in my head but it seems like its running smoother! and sounds nicer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts