Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting error code 46, bike doesnt start now. 46 says a charging system problem. I have replaced the stator, rectifier and battery. everything seems hooked up correctly I torqued the large center bolt of the flywheel down to 50 pounds (something i read on here said that might be the problem) I have no idea what to do from here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you gone through every step in the diagnosis for fault code 46?

Flywheel bolt would have no affect on the power to ignition system. Fault code 46 would only trip if your ignition system is not getting power. I would suggest checking your fuses.

·
I got the blue one!
180 Posts
I got that code recently too and replaced the same stuff you did. Finally took it to the shop and it was the starter clutch. Apparently on the 2 gens they tend to fail often. If the bearing doesn't lock it needs to be replaced. Look at any microfiche and the part you are looking for is the starter clutch assembly which includes the starter clutch and gear 3 starter. This is located in stator assembly behind the magneto. Good luck hopefully that whats wrong with yours. Otherwise its something else that has to do with the electrical/charging system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts