Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking around on the internet for people that customize their r6 and i seen this 03 silver r6 polished everything , looks really nice thinking about doing the same, it would probally look really phat on the black with red flames
[/img]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Something like this ???

The bikes not mine but I photoshopped the spokes from black to red for somone.

I think it looks pretty good.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i like the polished frame. i was planning on doing the same thing to my black w/red flames, even the high mount devil pipe. after staring at it for a while it just dont look right with the red flames. thats just my opinion. as for me i would just paint either the whole bike another color or just paint the lower fairings black and peel the decals off. besides i dont like the idea of spending my time polishing a frame when i could be just riding around.

maybe later on i will have the motivation to do something wild and have time to polish my frame and wheels.

nice bike though........

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm currently working on polishing my 03 r6 frame along with just about every part you can see with the farings on it. I wasn't planning on doin it right away, but after I dumped it, I had to rip it apart... so I figured I don't want to ever rip it apart again, so nows the time. I'll post some pictures of the work I've done so far in a bit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tguy, how long did that take you? Looks like a pain in the ass. I wouldn't do it but it looks nice. I like the polish on the silver but i dont think it looks right or matches as well as the black.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yah, it's a lot of work. I'm not even near done. I've got many hours of work ahead of me still. I did glass bead all the parts to get a majority of the paint off. Not having to sand that off saved a lot of time. My bike was originally silver/black, but it is going to be bright ass orange now. It should look pretty different, which is the idea.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That is the pipe I want on my bike...different color though.

Does anyone have this.. I have heard it on one other R6 and it sounded good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts