Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the mods I have on the bike are pcV, olson shorty slip on, bmc race filter, and dynojet qs.

the bike runs fine when I first ride it, and then after beating on it a little it's like it bogs a lot in low rpm...as people have described, almost like hitting the rev limiter..then after about 4500-4700 rpms, it seems to pull fairly normally. Also if I hold the clutch in or sit at a red light, the bike doesn't even hesitate to stay Alive...I'll try starting it but I need to get on the throttle a little to keep it from dying and when sitting there, the idle fluctuates a lot. a lot of people have suggested the coils, I checked them and they aren't the recalled one's, and also within spec. I replaced my spark plugs in them so those should be ok.

I was going to replace my coils anyway, thinking that they would solve the problem but what throws me off is if I sit at a light and the bike obviously dies out. I'll open up the gas cap, and then close it after a second, start the bike, and then it will run fine..

so I guess my question is, is there a gas tank breathing issue with the bike? I'm gonna check soon to see if any of the breather lines are pinched or not. but if that's not the issue then what can it be?

any input is appreciated. thanks!

03 r6 SE

8k hids
renthal 520 chain conversion
renthal aluminum front/rear sprocket
puig smoke windscreen
olson shorty slip on
powercommander 5
dynojet quick shifter
ss brake lines
ferodo stac front brake pads
ate super blue racing brake fluid
bmc race filter
driven d3 grips
pazzo levers
motodynamic smoke tail light
hotbodies undertail

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
checked my fuel tank breather lines and both seem to be okay, no pinching or anything. unless they're clogged or something?

03 r6 SE

8k hids
puig smoke windscreen
olson shorty slip on
powercommander 5
dynojet quick shifter
ss brake lines
bmc race filter
driven d3 grips
pazzo levers
hotbodies undertail

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone have this issue before?

03 r6 SE

8k hids
puig smoke windscreen
olson shorty slip on
powercommander 5
dynojet quick shifter
ss brake lines
bmc race filter
driven d3 grips
pazzo levers
hotbodies undertail

·
Got street appeal?
1,656 Posts
You can always blow some air through it. The little rubber grommet on the fuel cap is a breather. Blow from top down.

Stick the coils in the oven at 100 degrees for 10 minutes and then double check the resistance. Sometimes small damage or weak spots in the coil expand under heat.

Disconnect the quick shifter, could be killing ignition. Same thing with power commander, try it without it just to isolate the problem.

ONE CHANGE AT A TIME!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I'm gonna blow some air through it. now that I think about it, it's gotta be that top breather vent...the last couple seasons I left the gas in the gas tank without stabil and so it must have broken down and gunked up inside the valve.

03 r6 SE

8k hids
puig smoke windscreen
olson shorty slip on
powercommander 5
dynojet quick shifter
ss brake lines
bmc race filter