Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My name is Joshua. I have a 03 R6. I recently was side swiped on the freeway. Pretty severe damage to my fairings looking to save money so I wanna streetfighter my bike. I got basics of the concept.

What my ? is if I streetfighter do I have to remove the speedo mounting bracket. Is there another bracket for the speedo? I am looking into Buying the MT-03 Headlight. I am trying to keep my original speedo. If I have to change the speedo which one is recommended.

Please if you have any advice on the please feel free to post pics or give me your opinion..

Thanks for reading (Just a guy who wants to ride again)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After Browsing around the forum I see Things I Like.

Does Anyone Have An Idea of how to mount the speedo. is there an after market bracket. i wanted to mount it near the top of tank underneath the triple tree.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would say yes....unless you want it sticking way out past your headlight. Had a custom made bracket that I will be replacing soon. If you mount it like you are saying....I doubt very much you will still have clearance for steering.
Pic of my '03 :

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say yes....unless you want it sticking way out past your headlight. Had a custom made bracket that I will be replacing soon. If you mount it like you are saying....I doubt very much you will still have clearance for steering.
Pic of my '03 :
I like what u have done with ur speedo do u have any problem with the key. Cause if i mounted mine like that i doubt i could get my key in and out. can u post a pic of the back side of ur mount and the plug. Cause i doubt i wouldnt be able to plug in the plug to the back of the speedo?

Thank You.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Zip ties bro.... Zip ties

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
You can get a cage and mount your speedo to the cage.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like what u have done with ur speedo do u have any problem with the key. Cause if i mounted mine like that i doubt i could get my key in and out. can u post a pic of the back side of ur mount and the plug. Cause i doubt i wouldnt be able to plug in the plug to the back of the speedo?

Thank You.
Won't take credit for someone elses work, but thanks. I Have a new setup, and I'll be posting pics soon. (Still in the process of making the swap.) But no, That's a bit of a funny angle, but there was plenty of room for the key. Just mounted some dirty bars today, so I'll be moving the speedo into the recess of the bars.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Thank You.
What my new setup will look like:

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
You could always make a tab that goes straight up the 2 frame mounting tabs and flange out the the 3 mounting holes? That way, the gauge would just float about the triple tree.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts