Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
r6 4 La la laaaa LIFE
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike will sometimes stall out when clutched or in neutral sitting at a light...here is an example...im in 4th gear cruising to a light that just turned red...comming to a stop i clutch it ....no downshift just straight to neutral...rpms are at idle...i roll up to the light it stalls. i restart it, without giving it gas it doesnt stay running. when i give it gas it will run ..anybody have any idea whats going on?? only changes i have made are is i cut my exhaust down to 8 inches ...i dont know if this has f'd with my exhaust valves and that is why im stalling or it has nothing to do with it...also i just installed the MSR EZ Pull Clutch Lever...on the stock perch and clutch lever there is a electroic nob that enables / disables when clutch is neutral or engaged ...on this MSR clutch lever i do not have this electronic set up...no mount for it so i just left the two hook ups hanging...i heard if you just connect the two to echother that it will bypass this system. Anybody have any idea whats going on or what i should do? Thank you so much in advance!!

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
It could just be your idle speed. Have you tried bumping it up a little to see if that helps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts