Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 03 R6 limited edition that would be perfect for a track bike or a stunt bike. The reason it won't be a good street bike is because of the title. I have it but the previous owner didn't get a lien release form and now i can not contact him. It is NOT a salvage bike and the frame, sub fram, swingarm, forks are all straight, forks don't leak, nothing goofy like that. The plastics are all in good condition (no cracks, rash, Deep scratches etc.) there are a few very light scratches that have been touched up with factory yamaha black touch up pen. The wheels are custome painted to match the red on the lower fairings, and the tail section has custom red flames to match the red and black flames on the fairings of the Limited Editions paint job. The bike has a micron highmount slip on exhaust, -1 +2 sprockets, flush mount led turn signals and integrated tail light turn signals, fender eliminator for license plate, new pirelli tires front and rear. all regular mainntenance done on time, oil changed every 3,000 miles with repsol sythetic, chain lubed regularly, etc. the bike has aprox. 14,xxx miles and is mechanically perfect. I will try to get more pictures up asap, if you have any questions either call me at 785-341-8032 or e-mail me at [email protected] price is $4200 negotiable

If you want i can deliver but anything too far i will have to start to charge... but i'm not driving to cali and rather not ship.

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little thing i forgot to mention, i have a buddy that can get the buyer a full set of race plastics (the good fitting kind) for about 350 shipped to your door and i know these plastics, lights mirrors passenger seat and all other non esential pieces for racing will sell for over 1000 on ebay or a R6 forum. the only reason i don't do that is if someone wants the stock bodywork for a stunt bike or something...

basic math:
1000-350= 650
4300-650= 3650
3650 for a track bike is a pretty good deal if you follow my math...

·
Registered
320 Posts
but there's got to be a reason why he did you dirty.

x2 way to nice of a bike to be turned to a stunter or track bike. that thing needs to be out on the town. sharp looking bike, shame you cant get it worked out with the lien holder.

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your input guys, just out of curiousity how much do you think i should ask for it? Like a ball park i know 4200 is a high i realize that but i only meant it to get negotiations rolling, if someone wants to pick it up for 3750 I would be more than happy to let them have it. Honestly with all the street stuff to sell and convert to race i think it's a pretty good deal in my opinion but let me know what you guys think...

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The bank is HSBC and i called them and they claim that with the new "confidentiality act" they can't release any information if i am not the person whos name is associated with the title which i tried to explain to them i don't need the information i have it all i need is for them to release the lien. The person i bought it from title jumped (bought it never registered it or put his name on it) so basically he is not associated with the bike at all as far as official record is concerned. the bike hasn't actually been registered since 2003 so the amount of fines/back taxes i would incure even after busting my ass just to get it in my name would be somewhere around 1000-1500 bucks. so not only would it be a huge chunk of my effort and time it would cost me alot to do it as well. when i bought it all i had was the title (no bill of sale) and due to my ignorance and being naive i thought that was all i needed (didn't check for liens on the title) very stupid on my part call me what you want but now i'm just trying to sell it as a track bike. I'm not trying to screw anyone over but i'm not going to sell it for 500 bucks either. I am very confident this will make an excellent track bike for someone.

p.s. i checked with local law enforcement and the vin is clean no reports of thieft or insurance claims...

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, well then now we're getting somewhere 850 and a case of beer. but honestly i know you guys are trying to help and i appreciate that. But what would you expect a asking price to be for a bike like this, not saying you would be interested, but for a track bike, i put it up on the WERA forum (mostly track bikes) and the guys over there don't seem to think that 4k is too crazy..

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
its the fact that you wont have any proof of ownership
If there are not reports on the bike, the VIN is clean, and he has the title...who's is it? Do you think he stole the bike & the title from the original owner, then the owner never claimed it? If it's clean & he's got the title I don't see how it's not his. But maybe I'm missing something.

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright i know this is HELLA confusing. but this is what i think happened.... the original owner bought the bike, couldn't afford it out right and got a loan (hence the lien) and then decided to sell it. probably paid off the lien and sold it to the next guy (who i bought it from) without getting a lien release form not knowing the better (probably figured he paid it all off he didn't need anything else). The second owner never registered it becaue he said "he never want to pay the sales tax" which if i'm to believe that then he didn't even know about the lien... when i bought it i was planing on doing the same thing and not titling it and just leaving it all blank like i got it and just let the next guy put his name/price on the title. Well when i get ready to sell it i notice the lien and about crap myself in disbelief and try to contact the guy i had bought it from, some time had passed and my only contact (his cell phone) he no longer had (switched numbers or something) and now i have a bike with the title and a lien. so technically i don't know whos bike it is, but i have the title and the back side is blank except for the original owners name in "sellers signature"... does that make sense?

·
Registered
998 Posts
If there are not reports on the bike, the VIN is clean, and he has the title...who's is it? Do you think he stole the bike & the title from the original owner, then the owner never claimed it? If it's clean & he's got the title I don't see how it's not his. But maybe I'm missing something.
Lein on the title. HSBC can repo the bike legally, but very unlikely.

Blujay check your PM in 10 mins

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bank is HSBC and i called them and they claim that with the new "confidentiality act" they can't release any information if i am not the person whos name is associated with the title which i tried to explain to them i don't need the information i have it all i need is for them to release the lien. The person i bought it from title jumped (bought it never registered it or put his name on it) so basically he is not associated with the bike at all as far as official record is concerned. the bike hasn't actually been registered since 2003 so the amount of fines/back taxes i would incure even after busting my ass just to get it in my name would be somewhere around 1000-1500 bucks. so not only would it be a huge chunk of my effort and time it would cost me alot to do it as well. when i bought it all i had was the title (no bill of sale) and due to my ignorance and being naive i thought that was all i needed (didn't check for liens on the title) very stupid on my part call me what you want but now i'm just trying to sell it as a track bike. I'm not trying to screw anyone over but i'm not going to sell it for 500 bucks either. I am very confident this will make an excellent track bike for someone.

p.s. i checked with local law enforcement and the vin is clean no reports of thieft or insurance claims...
The person who financed it with HSBC never actually paid it off, which is why you can't get a lien release. If it was all paid off, they'd send you the letter without any problems.

You're best off parting it out IMO

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i was on the phone with HSBC for less than 5 mins, they never even took the vin to check anything there is no way to know if he paid it off they never checked they just stone walled me for 5 mins straight and i called back to talk to their supervisor and he was a complete asshole on the phone. so i don't think it's for sure NOT paid off but at the same time i can't say for sure it IS paid off, i can't see someone haveing a loan on a bike for 5 years after they sold it... but people are stupid, example A: 03_bluejay

1 - 20 of 31 Posts