Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

So i just picked up a 03 R6 rashes on the left side. Bike was not missing anything, plastics were just scraped. Bike was running and driving fine. Before i started working on the bike, I put about 40 miles on it and went up to 80mph with no problems at all, tracked fine also.

Well, heres my problem, i took off all plasctics, tank, and undertray and replaced with good ebay parts. Put the bike back together and now it won't start.

The starter turns, but the engine won't fire up. I check gas line, theres gas in there and fuel pump is working. Everything lights up except for the headlight. Could this be related ?

The bike is really easy to work on, unassembly parts, disconnect wire connectors and reassembly parts and reconnect wire connectors. I've look this thing over about 10 times and checked every connector for 3 hours.

Do you guys have any other idea what might be the problem. I'm frustrated cause thing was running fine before unassembly began.

Any known problems with the 03 besides the ignition coils ? even with ignition coils, the bike should at leat fire up a little bit.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeap, tank if full of gas and it does shoot gas out of the gas line into the gas intake for the fule injectors.

Seems like spark plugs are firing, but not sure why.

Or the injectors aren't opening to let gas in.

Will check this tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.