Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Best friends with an R6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I apologize if this information is already located somewhere on the Forums, but I didn't find it.

I just got an '04 R6 and I am looking for frame sliders. I want a decent slider at a reasonable price, and would like someone to point me in the right direction. Also, just to double check, the 'O4's require the fairing to be cut correct?

Thanks for your help, and I will put up some pic's of her soon...

·
RED ROCKET
3,164 Posts
I have an 04 and no you dont have to cut the fairings. You can get the no cuts. However I dont really recommend these because IMO they arent as sturdy. My bike got knocked over a couple weeks ago and the bracket just snapped. Try to get the cut ones, Woodcrafts are good

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought the type that you have to cut the fairing. I bought the Vortex 2 piece sliders. That way I only have to replace the puck itself and those are only $18 each.

A tip for cutting the fairing. I removed the fairing, then the bolt. I found a Sharpie/magic marker that I lined up with the hole and marked the inside of the fairing. Then used a hole cutting drill bit to make the cut. I'm sure others have better ways to do this, but this worked for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts