Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with my idle lately and it happened recently. I was cleaning the bike and accidentally hit the kick stand and the bike fell. I was on the side it fell and tried my best to catch it but i couldnt lift it so it ended up just being a really slow and not really harsh fall. It was on grass as well so no scrapes or bent parts or anything like that. After that, the bike starting idling poorly and the rpms would bounce up and down at idle and most of the times just completely die. I tried changing the plugs and doing a re-tune but its the same thing. Also when i rev up my engine high enough, maybe past 10k im not sure, black smoke comes out of the exhaust, which makes me see that its running rich, but i tried tuning the PC3 and changing to several different tunes but it still puts out the black smoke on high revs, any help or advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
How did the plugs look? What was the gap measurement?

Did oil get sucked up into your intake? Also check your crankcase breather tube. Clean out the entire intake path and test without the air filter. (not leaving the driveway) Don't want any debris to get sucked into the engine which is why I say clean out the ENTIRE intake path first. Tiny amounts of left over water in there won't hurt it. Just curious whether it behaves the same. Put that filter right back before going anywhere.

You can check the manual for the location of the MAP sensor; as well as how to get into diagnostic mode. Could be coincidence as these ignition coils sometimes start to go dead on cold start.
Testing your coils...

Perhaps the tip-over lodged an air bubble in the auto-choke? Here's how it works (see my comments here)...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Did oil get sucked up into your intake? Also check your crankcase breather tube. Clean out the entire intake path and test without the air filter. (not leaving the driveway) Don't want any debris to get sucked into the engine which is why I say clean out the ENTIRE intake path first. Tiny amounts of left over water in there won't hurt it. Just curious whether it behaves the same. Put that filter right back before going anywhere.

You can check the manual for the location of the MAP sensor; as well as how to get into diagnostic mode. Could be coincidence as these ignition coils sometimes start to go dead on cold start.
Testing your coils...

Perhaps the tip-over lodged an air bubble in the auto-choke? Here's how it works (see my comments here)...

The bike is running rich for some reason you could see it on the plugs, I took it to a place to change the plugs since I was over loaded with work, they measured the gap to spec and all that, I thought only one of them would be black because it wasn’t firing but all 4 were

Testing your coils...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts