Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have pics of their 04 liquid silver r6 with a db windscreen?

I am looking at a zero gravity...but would like to see what other got...

gracias...me brathas

ck

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
HOLY CRAP BATMAN... THOSE PICS ARE HUGE! :hammer Looks good from the pics. I just ordered a light smoke DB screen from kneedraggers and it should be here in the beginning of next week.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the pics bro...good to see you have the fast R6 (that would be the Liquid Silver color)...which has the added quickness due to the flames.

....last question....does the db windscreen really help much with the wind while riding on the Highway...? Even if you are not in the tuck position..?

...this is the main reason I want to get one.
ck

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
dude, this topic has been covered sooo many times. but ill give you a run down. here's what was decided

blue is definetly faster than silver, why you ask? because theyre no sliver m&m's, why again you ask? because silver was too slow to make it in the bag! hence, blue is faster than silver.

and red just looks ugly, thats why its not faster, and it has a high drag coefficient!

sorry about the thread jacking

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
RedRocket said:
HOLY CRAP BATMAN... THOSE PICS ARE HUGE!
And I made them 50% smaller...

ckmerc said:
does the db windscreen really help much with the wind while riding on the Highway...? Even if you are not in the tuck position..?
If you aren't tucked, that dinky little windscreen on sportbikes doesn't do much of anything. When you are tucked in with the DB, you just don't have put your head down as much, which is a little more comfortable. I don't do a lot of straight highway driving, nor do I ride at night very often, but I know in the mornings when it is still dark (on the way to work), this screen is impossible to see through, of course I am wearing a mirrored screen on my helmet too.

Overall I think it was $50 well spent though, looks a lot better than stock IMO.

·
Registered
587 Posts
LIke the seat cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts