Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell and maybe even show me photos on the right place to mount no cut frame sliders on an 04 r6. ive searched around but not able to find the right place for the no cut kits. photos would be a huge help.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
on the left side theres a huge allen keyed bolt near the open part of the fairing. one slider will go there with the new bolt supplied.

the other one you have to remove the right fairing, and you will see one of the bolts used to hold the motor right behind the fairing. you bolt the flat metal piece to that so the opposite end extends into the open part of the fairing (once put back on), and bolt the puck to that.

i didnt have instructions either but it was pretty much dummy proof once you start looking at it. look at the r6 pic thread, should be some bikes with sliders on in the first few pages.

side note: if you bought some cheaper ones i suggest buying some stronger bolts at home depot first, 2 people i know have had those bolts break off in the engine or jump threads because they are made from weak metal (so they probably wont hold up if the bike ever lands on them).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also, make sure to torque down the sliders pucks onto the actual no cut extender thingy-ma-bob. I didn't torque it down well enough. When I was riding down the road at night going about 90, I felt something hit my foot. The next day I realized I was missing a slider on one side of my bike. Pissed me off! Especially because brands like Shogun don't offer replacements, rather, you have to buy the whole damn kit again for what... $120?:rocket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts