Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R6
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a power commander 6 for my 04 r6 to make it run a little bit better and get better performance. There's one issue I am trying to figure out.

On DYNOJET, the tune for an 04 r6 is just a stock basic tune and there's only that tune for my bike, but they have tunes for the 05 r6 with the correct stuff like the G-YTR exhaust and aftermarket airfilter which my bike has.

Only issues is that if I'm not mistaken the throttle bodies are bigger on the 05 and 04. Can I still run this tune? and would the power commander autotune the fuel?

Anything helps

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Hey all, I just bought a power commander 6 for my 04 r6 to make it run a little bit better and get better performance. There's one issue I am trying to figure out.

On DYNOJET, the tune for an 04 r6 is just a stock basic tune and there's only that tune for my bike, but they have tunes for the 05 r6 with the correct stuff like the G-YTR exhaust and aftermarket airfilter which my bike has.

Only issues is that if I'm not mistaken the throttle bodies are bigger on the 05 and 04. Can I still run this tune? and would the power commander autotune the fuel?

Anything helps
Two big changes with the 2005. 40mm throttle bodies, and it has a different fuel pressure regulator. Also different velocity stacks. I don’t think you’ll get any maps for the pc6 on such an old model. Paying a shop for dyno runs is about the only option. Also you can’t run auto tune without a 02 sensor which doesn’t come on the 2nd gens. Your limited to about the same you can do with a PC3

·
Registered
3 Posts

Anything helps
Listen, the tunes for an 03-05 r6 /

·
Registered
3 Posts
Listen, the tunes for an 03-05 r6 as well as the 06-08 r6s are close enough for a base tune. What youre downloading as a map is just that…a BASE tune. If they dont have your exact exhaust then download a couple tunes with exhausts that have a similar shape and size.

Also the auto tune kit COMES with an o2 sensor bung so it is 100% compatible with your bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Listen, the tunes for an 03-05 r6 as well as the 06-08 r6s are close enough for a base tune. What youre downloading as a map is just that…a BASE tune. If they dont have your exact exhaust then download a couple tunes with exhausts that have a similar shape and size.

Also the auto tune kit COMES with an o2 sensor bung so it is 100% compatible with your bike.
Now that im reading your post again i think you’re referring to pcv (power commander 5) tunes when you see a large variety of different tunes. If you have a power commander 6 they arent compatible unless you have dynojet or someone authorized convert them to .p6m files. Another option if you have the 6 is to go to the dynojet site, click the support icon on the top, then click request tune and fill in the information. Theyll then send you a p6m file to use as a base tune for whatever mods you have on your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts