Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the way swingarm looks on the '04 R1, Would it be possible to "flip" mine, '04 R6, upside down and run it that way? I realize I would have to have someone build a new mid-pipe, weld on a new shock mount and grind the old one off? Is it just logistically impossible?

Any of you guys have any idea who could do work like that or were to look?

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
z31maniac said:
I love the way swingarm looks on the '04 R1, Would it be possible to "flip" mine, '04 R6, upside down and run it that way? I realize I would have to have someone build a new mid-pipe, weld on a new shock mount and grind the old one off? Is it just logistically impossible?

Any of you guys have any idea who could do work like that or were to look?
nope, its not engineerd that way. to actually make one would cost way too much money. if you want one that bad try checking with greggs customs. i know he does make custom swing arms.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have seen his single sided swingarms, its just the polished tube swingarm doesn't look good with the stock frame. Oh well, yet another idea that I won't be able to do anything about.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is probably a "If you have to ask you can't afford it question."

But what would it cost to do a single sided swingarm and would it make the rear any less stable in the twisties since the bike was designed with a two sided swingarm.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
z31maniac said:
But what would it cost to do a single sided swingarm and would it make the rear any less stable in the twisties since the bike was designed with a two sided swingarm.
that is a great question. I know that the VFR's work fine with the single sided swing arm, but they were made that way, and I've only watched people ride them - never had the chance to ride one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts