Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Track Mode!
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just did the 05 header mod on my 07. I ended up reusing the gaskets. Now when the bike is idling and when riding around, there is a popping noise where the headers mount up to the gaskets. I have block off plates installed and a PC3. I torqued the bolts down to 15 foot pounds with my torque wrench. Could they not be tightened down enough to be causing the popping, or is it because I reused the old gaskets? I'm really confused as to what it is...any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks

Nate

·
Registered
161 Posts
It eliminates the cat. The 05 headers didn't have a cat so it is kinda just like a cheap full exhaust.

Anyway, I figured it out. Just needed new gaskets.
Is the popping on deceleration (roll-off?) if so that happens with decat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this may be a real dumb question. but is the cat the only difference in the header? like your not gaining anything else right? i have a mid pip on my 09 r6 and just didnt know if there was more of a plus to the 05 header.. runner length etc...

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
this may be a real dumb question. but is the cat the only difference in the header? like your not gaining anything else right? i have a mid pip on my 09 r6 and just didnt know if there was more of a plus to the 05 header.. runner length etc...
It's essentially the same thing you have, just probably $100 cheaper :D

·
I got yami blue balls
565 Posts
Im in the same boat...I have a mid pipe and slip on...any benefit to doing a 05 header swap now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts