Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
wow that is way lower the M.S.R.P

I bought mine right after July 4th and i got it for $7,700. It didn't even hit the show room floor.

The dealership took off the creat charge, and title tax. Plus they lower it down to 7,299 instead of their usually 8,099. So i got a real good deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know and when i took it in they where like well have fun w/ that drive back....and i was like u dont even want to try and match it? they where like nope we sell for msrp+DH+picking there noise+sitting on there arse+ tax's :cuss

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought my '04 in Idaho and it was $100 less than MSRP , not including tax and whatever else. I would assume that's what they would charge for the '05 as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you really want to bargain with someone in CO, get your ducks in a row.

Call the dealership in MS and ask them for information on purchasing a bike from them. Find out if they offer shipping themselves, or if you have to arrange for it... if you have to arrange for it, call ForwardAir or National Cycle transport and get a quote.

Call Ft Collins Powersports, or Vickery Motorsports and ask for the sales manager. Tell them exactly what the MS dealer will charge you, and how much the shipping is going to cost. Then ask them to meet it.

The people in charge at both of those dealerships are good people.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockyR6 said:
If you really want to bargain with someone in CO, get your ducks in a row.

Call the dealership in MS and ask them for information on purchasing a bike from them. Find out if they offer shipping themselves, or if you have to arrange for it... if you have to arrange for it, call ForwardAir or National Cycle transport and get a quote.

Call Ft Collins Powersports, or Vickery Motorsports and ask for the sales manager. Tell them exactly what the MS dealer will charge you, and how much the shipping is going to cost. Then ask them to meet it.

The people in charge at both of those dealerships are good people.
hmmm that would be a good idea....sept i have already done it...there was no reason to find shipping on that bike cause if i bought it i would drive out there and get it so the shipping is just out of my pocket....i called that dealership in MI while i was at Ft Collins motorsports and had them listen to everything i asked them....stew the guy at FC motorsports told me there is no way that they could go that low....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ah... you're the kid on the CSC.

I just put 2 and 2 together on this one. :roll:

I'll just answer you over there, since I don't spend as much time here as I used to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RockyR6 said:
Ah... you're the kid on the CSC.

I just put 2 and 2 together on this one. :roll:

I'll just answer you over there, since I don't spend as much time here as I used to.
thats me! :hammer

·
Registered
23 Posts
boostedjetta01 said:
what are people paying for these??? i just went to the stealership and they told me 9700 otd...i laughed and walked out....come back about 5 hours later after i find this http://www.yamahadiscountprices.com/yamahabikes.html they said there is no way and they are going no lower then 9700 for it OTD....so no im pissed and dont know what to do
I called this place up and they said the next one available will be in May 05. Every single one has deposits on them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it's funny how different places charge more of less for the same bike. Out here I bought my first 04 for 9K OTD and my second for 8500. That was the cheapest they have sold one on the islands for.

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I don't know where you're at, or how far you want to ship or drive, but I got my '04 last May for $7100 OTD. This was in Ohio, I'm in Delaware, so the gas money alone to get my truck and trailer out there would have been about the shipping costs which were $315 if I went that route. The same bike was on the showroom floor for $8300. I asked the guy why? He said mine was an internet sale. I don't know what the deal is with plugs here, but it was hondaeasttoledo.com. I called them and let them know what color I wanted (it was $100 extra for the gray ghost flame so I have no idea what a Rossi would run ya) and they said fine, call one week before you want to come pick it up. Then like nextel....done. I got there and they had a damn warehouse full of bike still in crates just piled on top of each other. Well, enough ramblings, just trying to give another option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I called hondaeasttoledo.com earlier today and left a message for their internet sales manager. I dont know what kinda waiting list they have but i'm hoping i can get a good deal from them too.

·
Peek a boo
28 Posts
2005 Blue R6
Southwest Houston Yamaha: $9300 OTD

Honda East Toledo: $7700 Delivered to HOU not including tax

I called and placed my deposit 2 weeks ago to OH, I am sure you will make the right choice as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My fiance and I just bought two 2005's and we only paid $8800 otd... if we bought one it was going to be $9300... They will be arriving in a week or so... EXCITED!!!!! Will let y'all know how many heads I bang with this thing!!! :hammer [/b]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel the same way. I talked to the dealership yesterday and they are expecting them in VA by friday or monday at the latest. I am getting antsy since the weather is about to turn cold around here!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'm a newbie here so, i'd like to say hello to everyone. as for the 05 pricing, i just got my 05 R6 here in central cali a couple of weeks ago for 9800 otd.

·
My R6 is a Panty Dropper!
20 Posts
I saw a guy buy an 05 raven off the showroom floor for $10200 OTD. That was after I had declined to buy it. I ended up getting one 2 days later for $9499 OTD here in Los Angeles. That was the lowest price I found.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts