Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! So found out that the bike is dumping loads of fuel! The pump is not leaking under the tank but what is hapening is tons of fuel coming out of the overflow tube I think its called. One or both of the tubes not on the pump, but off to the side. Coming out near the kickstand ull see some misc tubes and that's where its coming from. I put tape on the first tube that should be hooked up where its suppose to to kinda "label" it but maybe I forgot to easily and got em backwards.

I switched my older fuel pump with a newer one. ( not brand new). made sure i hooked up the green and white connector where they went before. the bike doesnt leak when its off but does when its on, and when im riding it comes out more. possible faulty fuel pump?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
those are just vent hoses. they don't go to the pump they go to the tank.
more specific one is a tank vent, the other is a overflow drain.

it sounds like pressure is building in the tank and forcing it out the tubes. see if leaving the cap open stops it.
if it does, try cleaning out the cap vent.
look at the cap where the little red rubber thing touches it. there is a hole there. that's part of the vent of the cap.
if the vent hose is clogged up with something or pinched it can force fuel out of the over flow hose.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting. when i filled up at the gas station and started the bike, nothing happen, then when i started going the fuel came out. im thinking air or fuel got mixed in the overflow tube when i turned it upside down to take the fuel pump out. when i turned it upside down, there was gas coming out of the overflow drain and i didnt think that was normal but still hooked it back up.

i'll let you know what happens tomorrow.
so sounds like your right on the pressure.

i also got a high pitch sound from the fuel pump too. not as loud as the sound of it priming. and its constent and always on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts