Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My Feet dont touch..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an 05 R6 with an 09 R6 slip on muffler and no cat, i want to change it, and was looking for some input on what my best option might be.

·
The Blue Penil Extention
233 Posts
Umm...price range....POU (Point of Use).....full or slip-on...need some more info before we can point you at a certain exhaust setup....I myself love my LOR slip-on w/DB-killer here's some pics....I still plan on painting the mid-pipe with some black exhaust paint at some point...

·
My Feet dont touch..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking for a slip on, but not sure, its my daily driver, so it gets used alot and want whats best for the bike, i like that setup above, looks really good

·
The Blue Penil Extention
233 Posts
looking for a slip on, but not sure, its my daily driver, so it gets used alot and want whats best for the bike, i like that setup above, looks really good
You should post some pics up of what your bike looks like, that might give us a little better idea what you're workin' with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
^bro I'm loving your seat cowl. Where did you pick it up from?

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I vote for an LOR as well...heres mine

Only pic i have of the back...

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
You have so many options it isn't even funny, that's my problem right now, I don't know which one to get for my '06.

Love the red rims Owen though I can't agree with riding in sandles, at least you/she has a helmet on.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Thanks man! Its a two step powdercoat...rims used to be black (bike used to be silver)

I'm not sure what pipe i'd choose for your 06...i've got a few favorites for your style bike though lol.

Yeah, i know man...she doesnt listen to me though so i just gave up on the shoes. She at least loves the helmet...

Heres another pic to make up for her lack of footwear...

Edit: Also, to stay on topic here are a few sound clips i have of my bike...engine was warm in every shot, just an fyi

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Diggin' the tats!!!

·
My Feet dont touch..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my exhaust looks just like a stock 06+ r6 looks like, it sounds ok, im just looking for something different

·
The Blue Penil Extention
233 Posts
^bro I'm loving your seat cowl. Where did you pick it up from?
It's a Targa seat cap. I like it...just was a bitch to get the mounts adjusted correctly. If I had a new R6 I'd get the Taylormade exhaust, legitness on a whole different level.

·
The Blue Penil Extention
233 Posts

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The LOR is gonna be about the cheapest slip-on you can find. I definitely love it. If your going for sound, LOR, HR1 or Two Brothers would be the best options

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
The LOR is gonna be about the cheapest slip-on you can find. I definitely love it. If your going for sound, LOR, HR1 or Two Brothers would be the best options
Dont forget Scorpion Street Extreme :sing

·
keeping it on 2 wheels
221 Posts
i'm in the same boat as well... I'm more looking for styling and sound. For now the bike its fast enough so i'm looking to gain any performance from it. My main thing is a want a pretty low sound. Kinda like the Factory exhaust on the new R1's, just slightly louder. Is Olson any good?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
dont forget Olson...

·
The Blue Penil Extention
233 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts