Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty peoples, here's my situation. I tried to start my bike up after doing a tune up and a bunch of other suspension and body stuff. I have been having trouble starting the bike since I removed the fuel pump to clean out the tank and to paint it. I just connected it to the bike and I can hear the motor, but nothing sucking or blowing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Zack

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Is it wired up properly?

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Check all your fuses? Maybe you crossed the wires on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't checked the fuses yet. I Was trying to get an all around idea of what it could be and there is no way to connect it to the bike wrong.

·
My R6 scares me
35 Posts
I just cleaned my fuel pump on my '03. There are two connector plugs, one green and one white. One powers the pump, and one is the low-fuel sensor. If you swapped them (They're identical, except color), you might be getting just enough voltage from the fuel gauge l.e.d. circuit to make the pump motor run, but not actually pump gas.
Also, I tested mine without any gas in the tank. The pump "runs", but there was no suction or pressure. It needs fluid to actually operate. It won't suck or blow, if you put your finger on the hose.
I don't know if either applies to your bike. Just extra info...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem and had to change the fuel pump. Ez fix if you use the search..2 hours and $50bucks tops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts