Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My Feet dont touch..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an 05 R6, and everytime it gets below like 50 the bike decides not to run right, meaning like it wont start, turn signals wont work, bike will cut out on me. somebody please help lol any suggestions on why it might be doing this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
how modded is this bike (pc/bazzaz and whatnot), and have you already tried adjusting idle/injector cleaner?

with your signals as a symptom it more then likely is your battery has a bad cell or you have a problem in your charging system.
check the voltage on your battery with bike off, then with the bike idling. with it off the voltage should be no less then 12.6 vdc, and at idle no less then 13.8vdc.

·
My Feet dont touch..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bike is stock,no mods, i already replaced the battery, i realy am at a loss for what is wrong with it, i havnt tried adjusting the idle, iv checked the tip over sensor thinking it might be bad, iv checked the ignition, the battery wirring, the stator, im just not sure anymore.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
bike is stock,no mods, i already replaced the battery, i realy am at a loss for what is wrong with it, i havnt tried adjusting the idle, iv checked the tip over sensor thinking it might be bad, iv checked the ignition, the battery wirring, the stator, im just not sure anymore.
replacing the battery doesnt always help as the battery may not have been the problem.
I assume you listened and actually checked the voltage at your battery.
When bike is idling, voltage should stay pretty steady atleast 13.8 volts, when you roll the throttle to 5krpm you should instantly see that voltage jump to >14 volts, but <14.7 volts.

When you say 'the bike will cut on me'. what do you mean, mid ride it instantly just dies, or does it sputter then die out, or does it do it when you disengage the clutch,... ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts