Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 r6 and i recently installed a scorpion flame slip on exhaust and i noticed a power loss. not a big loss but i notice it and it idles rough since i installed the pipe and when you rev it up its rough its not as smooth as it was with the stock pipe on.

My question is what can i do to help the power loss and idling prob?

I have been told by alot of ppl to put a power commander on it but then i was told by a friend the power commander isnt gonna help the bike at all its a waste of money.

Just looking for some opinions

thanks

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
It has nothing to do with the pipe, unless the pipe is being blocked by something. Did you drop something in the pipe when you installed it? It sounds like you got a bockage of some sort. Take it off and check to see if something is in there.

P.S. Power commander wont help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
umm, that's not really true, the rough idle is due to the new exhaust. a power commander and tuning would get rid of that for sure, but some ppl like it. If u check more on power commander maps and such u can see for yourself. Power loss may also be because airflow, the powerband might have increased, and power commander and dyno would also help.

if u dont want to do that u can just do value clearance check.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Trust me guys. A PCIII is not going to help. it is not neccessary with just a slip on. In most cases, it's not neccessary even with a full exhaust. Beleive me. I run a full M4 system with out a PCII. I get more peak and it runs smoother without it. Geese, don't post that something will help if you don't know. A $300+ mod is not going to help something that is really wrong with the bike. Here is a test for you. Turn on your bike, let it idle and then cover the exhaust outlet with your hand. You will find that it causes the same symptoms he describes. Even if it is not a blockage, there is something wrong with his bike that a PCIII is not going to help.

Well, any update?

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
yea noleman has it right for a slip on for sure you dont need a pc3...and for a full system they help not a ton mainly just used to smooth out peaks

not to hate on scorpion products but i find their exhausts to be mediocre quality. my advice is throw the stock pipe back on and if the problem stops then try out a different pipe. there are a ton of other great brands out there

M4
termignoni
akrapovic
arata
yoshimura
racefit

like i said theres a ton
keep us updated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts